What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I guess the way I think is, I’m pretty burnt on buying/selling hardware for several years now. Not much has really stuck around. I think if I am going to drop serious money on hardware it better check about 90% or more of my wishlist boxes.

Otherwise, I will soon grow tired of it or question why I bought it in the first place when I am perfectly content (well, almost :blush:) to fiddle around in Ableton Live. I can sample and sequence like mad in Ableton, no limitations. If I’m buying a drum sampler/synth it better be a dream machine.

I guess it could be boiled down to the phrase: All or nothing. The whole thing is not a serious situation by any means and might just be psychological trick I am playing on myself. I can’t spend $ on a dream machine they will never make! Yay, saving $ is cool!

The Sequencer from OT combined with several hundreds CV/Gate output.
All mighty Electron sequencer will rule the modular world!

2 Likes

I’ve only just discovered the thread. What would these dream machine faceplates look like?

Ok seems like a lot has been done already

1 Like

It seems like the next thing from elektron might well be an 8/16 voice 8 channel big brother for the digitone.

Am I mad, or would this be the best thing ever created?

would buy

1 Like

My guess for their next big box is essentially the DT and Tone combined but with OT functions and, yeah, doubling of Tone voices. Won’t happen till OB2 is done tho. The Groovebox to kill em all.

3 Likes

I’d prefer a big wavetable or hybrid synthesis machine. with shed loads of voices of course :wink:

Not disagreeing with you at all. But don’t the DT’s sampling functions do a rudimentary form of this?

1 Like

Yeah, with sound source modulation you have already a nice wavetable (named soundpool), so what’s the big deal?

… or slices on the OT …

Elektron Digital Four. Sound engine developed for the DN in the MKII form factor.

a new analog synth,hated the A4/keys sound

Do you really think another analog synth from Elektron would sound that much different?

And it doesn’t make much sense to release two machines in the same area (unless the new one is an entry level type one with a quite restricted feature set / mono synth?).

This thread should be deleted until Elektron deal with the backlog of existing issues.

I’m only half joking. Threads like this, full of people queuing up to commit more money to unfinished and slightly crippled new boxes, definitely contribute to the problem of Elektron as a company taking the wrong path.

4 Likes

topic thread is called 'what gear would you like to see elektron do next?

my answer is ‘a new analog synth,hated the a4/keys sound’

that is my opinion/answer and im entitled to it

elektron are forever growing so yeah i would expect a new analog synth to sound completely different

Machinedrum revision , maybe 8 tracks in the small format

3 Likes

I would love to see a 49 key version of the Digitone, with 16 voices, direct outs etc. Kinda like a digital version of the AK. I have a feeling something like that would sell out instantly.

do you also want a joystick or two?

just asking, not that you get disapponted later ; D

3 Likes

Sure, why not. AK has a joystick, yes? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like one with 37 keys that has analog filters and analog overdrive (that can be modulated by the operators).

1 Like