What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

IMO the DT is not contributing much to that rig. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah it is, what else would fit in that little square? :smile:

1 Like

Dependsā€¦ I would use it as mono short sample and drum sample to free the Analog Rytm and keep the sample capabilities as only layering purpose. Stereo Sample of course OTā€¦ Analog Four + Heat comboā€¦
or OT mk2 + Heat combo ā€¦ or as a Master FX (itā€™s depend)
So personally I would just swap from place AH and DT to match my personal organizationā€¦

I like to have a machine dedicated and focus on one task (drums, synth, sequences, ā€¦)

That is undoubtedly the furthest Iā€™ve seen anyone go to show what heā€™d like from elektron. Impressive work man. P-locks and slidetrigs on the mixer, motorised faders :exploding_head:

1 Like

Cool video. Monotakt is the one for me. Man I would love that - something I have said about a million times already round these parts!

Actually, depending on the synthesis, a synth with sliders would be pretty cool too - would have made life so much easier when I had the FS1r! That would be well out of the norm for Elektron though.

Here we go. Super hardcore ultimate Elektron Dream Machine.

12 to 16 interchangeable stereo/polyphonic tracks, plus one dedicated master track with 4 FX slots: Sampling, drum synthesis, Monomachine machines, recording tracks, loopers, etc
16 MIDI out tracks
3-4 FX slots per track.
4 LFOs per track
3 Envelopes per track
128 step sequencer with all the bells and whistles of the current machines
12 single jack stereo outputs for multitracking
6 balanced inputs (3 pairs of stereo balanced inputs like the OT2)
Digitakt screen.
1-2gb of RAM for FLEX type machines
Replaceable SSD drive for STATIC type machines and straight-to-disk recording only limited by the space you have available.
Ability to play sample slices via MIDI
P-locking of everything!
Performance pages.
Crossfader (touch strip?)

Put it in an old style (though slightly bigger) Elektron box (no need for that angled shite).

Iā€™d seriously pay like $3000 for that machine in a heart beat. If they could add in any analog stuff from the Rytm or Four, too, Iā€™d even go up to $3500-$4000.

Elektron Mixer please! with lots of stereo inputs and filters, overdrive and compressor on every channel.

1 Like

Just in case you did not knew: One of my Followers on Youtube (YourFreedomCounts) did some Research and found out that Elektron has put a Trademark on the name DIGITONE

this will be the next thing i assume?! This sounds very similar to a Monomachine reborn! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

haha.
What a researcher

1 Like

Youā€™re about a day behind the other thread

3 Likes

haha, awesome :smiley: im always late at good things :slight_smile: seriously, if this guy over at youtube wouldnt have mentioned it i would never found out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Breaking - Imaginary announcement!

Elektron MARS

Mixer | Arranger | Recorder system

Overbridge-driven centrepiece for Elektron music machines (and more).

Feature highlights include:

Mixer

• 24 channel mixer
  • Connect up to 4 Elektron Overbridge-enabled devices and 1 Octatrack
  • Map up to 20 individual channels from connected Overbridge devices
  • Connect 2 stereo/4 mono devices via analog inputs
  • 14 motorised faders (12 channel, 1 master and 1 cue)
  • 2 internal FX machines with sends per channel
  • 1 dynamics setting per channel (with sidechain support)
  • 1 EQ setting per channel
  • Extensive Overbridge routing between connected devices
  • Master section with analog stereo compressor and eq
  • Analog heat master insert support
  • Main and cue stereo outs

Arranger

• Manage universal pattern arrangement for up to 4 overbridge machines and 1 Octatrack
  • Use crossfader for dynamic performance changes across all connected devices
  • Group sections as scenes with custom naming
  • Transport controls for hybrid linear/performance modes

Recorder

• Up to 24 tracks
  • Bounce individual and master tracks direct to internal SD card
  • Bounce selected sections or full arrangement
  • Record from arrangement, free running linear or hybrid

Planned updates

• VST host support for internal fx machines, add favorite 3rd party plugins
  • USB audio support for Roland Aira range

ā‚¬ 1999
Shipping in July

Elektron MARS - out of this world.
Made from pure Unobtainium.

4 Likes

Iā€™d like if on elektron sequencers you could select to hear the note / notes on a specific step when you press it. for poly stuff it would be great when creating & editing chords / harmonies. like on the malekko voltage block.

3 Likes

Function+ trig button to audition the step while sequencer is stopped, or to jump to that step (in time) while the sequencer is running!!

2 Likes

Holy shet

1 Like

My look in the manual seems to indicate that the FM-synthesis has been much simplified ā€¦ TBH ā€¦ a little too much for me. Whyā€¦

From my FM-synths I am used to have for each operator:

• a tuning parameter for the frequency ratio
  • a fine tuning or detunding parameter (also as a mod-destination)
  • at least one ADSR (best available in a flexible mod-matrix)

The DTone supports two envelopes for all of the four operators only, if I did understand correctly. The combination of B1/B2 seems also to be for the sake of simplicity ā€¦ which is okay, but both simplifications take away much of the typical sound design flexibility of FM.

Generally I would say ā€¦ after listening to the sound examples ā€¦ this new machine sounds great. And the combination with the Elektron sequencer makes the DTone rise on my shopping list, but not to the top 5.

But I would wait and spend more money, if Elektron would consider to give us a Digi4 (in analogy to the A4) with a full flexible FM, 6 operators, 6 ADSR, 6 LFO, more programms. Such a machine with a good operating interface (I like what I have seen on the DigiTone) would be in the top of my list instantly :smiley:

My personal wish for an Elektron machine would be:

I spent a long time writing out a list of features and then I realized I basically wanted a Digitakt (love the overall sound/tone of it more than any Elektron box so far) with:

1. individual outs. I canā€™t quite bring myself to buy DT with only stereo output. might have to make case larger of course.
  2. more fx - tape delay, shimmer reverb, vinyl sim, spring reverb, etc.
  3. more master fx - comp, tape saturation (like Strymon Deco), old sampler emulation (maybe similar to TAL Sampler does)
  4. at least one velocity sensitive input pad like on the TR-8S.
  5. Basic drum synth machines. Kick, snare, clap, hats, toms, etc. Iā€™m thinking of the ones in Max4Live or Maschine.
  6. OR, a machine that has 2 pages of drum synth parameters. It could be a machine that you could use to synthesize all sorts of percussion, similar to how Microtonic just has one machine/interface for all 8 of its drum parts.
  7. SD card option for loading/offloading samples.
  8. Battery powered (able to be purchased in a store and changed out by user).

Youā€™re gonna be halfway there with a DT once OB comes out and you can process each track individually, could always add some decent external drum pads pretty cheap and you could even hook up a battery. Drum synths would be nice. I do think even thatā€™s possible in the future of DT but whether theyll choose to do it or not is anyoneā€™s guess

I get what youā€™re saying, but Iā€™d still love all that stuff to be in one portable box. Plus individual outs for sending channels through mixer, pedals, etc. for real-time hands-on fx control and jamming.

I donā€™t even need more than one pad. Iā€™m no finger drummer, but I do like entering notes like that on my Push. Hit record and tap things in one at a time. Itā€™s a small feature but handy. Iā€™m surprised, but very glad, that the TR-8S has that.

Thatā€™s my just dream machine wish list. I might grab a DT used sometime down the road.

It would definitely be nice to see in one box, but failing that DT will get you close hopefully soon