What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I know, so what does it do?

1 Like

@JuanSOLO Like an elektron box but all the labels are now pictures of farmyard animals. it contains a new kazoo synth engine and costs twice the price of a digitakt

2 Likes

2 Likes

yeah Iā€™m a Waldorf fan too. Just picked up a Pulse 2 and already loving it. It is fat and covers all my basses. :smiley: I remember drooling when I tried a Microwave XT at a music storeā€¦ if only elektron gear had that sound.

The pulse 2 has so much power, I usually have to take a Equalizer to set him a little back in the mix. Really cuts through. For instant fun use the arp :wink: I still hope for a new elektron digital synth-announcement at the NAMM this month!

1 Like

The new A4 mk2 sounds quite a bit better. So maybe theyā€™ll do a digital synth with those analog filters. But Iā€™d still prefer to see a MIDI poly sequencer first because the Cirklon is too expensive and not really available, and the Pyramid is a little too expensive and doesnā€™t have the elektron workflow.

I would really love to see a 4 track stereo recorder in the DT format.
I do not know if it would be technical possible.

4x /Mono/Line/Mic/Guitar inputs
1x stereo Output
4 track audio
8 track midi (for example 4 internal, 1 per audio track, 4 external)
Each audio track can be controlled via a the midi track: Play/Rev/Speed/Loop etc,
Track fx : Eq/Comp/Filter/Bitcrusher/Drive
Send fx : Reverb/Delay/Chorus/Flanger

Itā€™s main purpose like the old school portastudio:
Plugin a guitar, bass, mic and synth and start recording,
Plugin 2 synths, a drumcomputer and a mic or whateverā€¦
Do some live tweaking during recording or afterwards.

Would be an awesome combi : 4 track recorder + Elektron sequencer

OT does it, but only for short loops, but what I like about this is to get the oldschool vibe of a classic taperecorder with a modern twist. Just take it out to the studio, jam the hell out of it, could end up in really cool results.

1 Like

HUH?

You might need to revisit the OT.

1 Like

For example, can I plug in 1 guitar, 1 bass, 1 mic and a synth, record 1 take of 30 minutes, so 4 seperate tracks of 30min of non stop audio?

I believe 6 mins is the limit.

So why would you need a midi track to control an audio track, wouldnā€™t the audio track be able to control itā€™s own Play/Rev/Speed/Loop?

If you look at the DT, you canā€™t lock the reverb/delay setting per step, so if this 4 track recorder works in similar way, i would like to parameter lock this settings, this is also on my most wanted list for the DT

But I understand where you question is coming from, I mixed these things up in my post, so sorry for the confusion.

I really like the OT but I would also like to see a somewhat smaller, more traditional 4 track recorder but with an Elektron soul.

You are right, but it is expensive though! After selling all my eurorack, except a Jupiter8 filter with the original chip, I feel somewhat free. I also improved my search for different and strange sounds within the classic VA domain and Iā€™m happy with it, specially with comb-filter, wavetable, FM, RM, distortion-modes use and all sorts of crazy modulations (everything found on my Blofeld). All this at a fracture of costs relativ to a proper modular-system.
However, there are still some modules out there from where I expect more than from a VA (Rings, Clouds and so on). Or another thing is this 0-coast-(synth?). I saw someone on YouTube working on it in combination with the DT. Awesome!

1 Like

Video says it all i think :wink: :

Oh and i can tell you: I would pre-order both of them instantly if they would make them !!! :slight_smile:

Yourā€™s faithfully,
umonox

11 Likes

14 days left and weā€™ll know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome work umonox! Love both machines, would buy both instantly. You did a great job, design and 3D models are very well done! Minijacks arenā€™t a problem for me. I know that the majority want a Box with the size of the DT/Heat but I think it would no problem if they would use the size of the OT/A4 mk1/Rytm mk1ā€¦ The only reason I donā€™t use overbridge is the fact that the OT isnā€™t supported. But with this Mixer everything would be possible! Thanks a lot, for presenting your concepts in such a professional way!

1 Like

Thx Kari !! In the end i could live with big Boxes too. But the Digiā€™s size and workflow is just so satisfying ā€¦ they should really built upon that and extend it. I would jump around in circles if one of these Boxes would really become reality one day :smiley:

2 Likes

i see this on Elektron instagram, i smile when i see it and remember the form factor discussions here.
(of course a bit more room for the cable is necessary or Angled Jacks)

Form factor

4 Likes

If/when they do an Analog Heat mkii, Iā€™d love it if it had vacuum tubes (preferably switchable). I have a really nice 1970s guitar amp that gets those great glassy harmonics. A tube version of the AH would be amazing for running all kinds of instruments through (electric pianos, synths, guitar, bass, vocals). Maybe have it so that it can do both mixer or amp style saturation, maybe build in an analog delay with chorus or modulation to make it even more interesting.

1 Like

@umonox cool video, nice work!
Love the mod wheel.

1 Like

plain and simple. a monomachine mark 3
you know you would buy it.

1 Like