What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I would like to seem them make an official battery pack for the Digitone etc…exact same size, quite thin, fits on bottom to the vesa screw holes…so simple, would make the Digitone/Digitak and Heat portable without changing the form factor much and having to do a makeshift 'stick the battery to the base.

Having an official battery pack would not only sell battery packs but would more units as portable devices (could even be a bundle price)

11 Likes

Thats a brilliant Idea! Since cool days are coming maybe they can add Elektron Softshell Jackets…for mobile jamming outside

4 Likes

Elektron please make a eurorack sequencer. A man can dream can’t he?

Eurorack format
CV ins and outs
PLocks

:heart:

Besides a simple multitrack Tape Recorder…i would Like an multi FX unit to See. That Has a six Mono Inputs Mixer section and cased in Analog Heat Like Box with five FX that can be chained or parallel used.

2 Likes

A semi-modular drum machine, something to rival the Soma Pulsar 23

So does anyone think were ever going to get a MD 3 or digidrum with all the patch loading and performance tools of the new boxes? I for one truly hope so.

8 Likes

For sure, but when? :content:

2 Likes

wouldnt be the expert sleepers fh-2 in conjunction with an ot be able to do that?

YES! This! I love this idea and was just looking at Koma Strom Mobile thinking “could this power my digitakt?” Would much rather have something without MORE cables and little boxes to cary around. What about a mixer in the digi format with a battery pack?!

1 Like

Next NAMM? Please :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Something portable. I doubt it would be a sampler, but I really want a portable octatrack without needing to purchase a separate battery.

Nerdseq.

I didn’t knew that module. I just read the specifications. It would be possible if you got the expansion module for the 5pin-MIDI in and output. Because the OT can’t send or receive MIDI over USB, which is a shame.
They even show a setup example with a DT.
I have to do more research, but thanks you very much, this could be a easy solution.

An overbridge enabled performance mixer with effects, analog inputs and usb inputs for overbridge enabled devices. Give it a sequencer for the effects with different and controlling other hardware.

Wavetable synth would be cool too.

5 Likes

A novation SL mk3, but with elektron sequencer and overbridge? :smiley:

1 Like

Would ultimately like them to refresh their Machinedrum.
With a price point the same along the lines of DT & DN.
The Rtym mk2 price is a bit up there, for me at least so a 700 usd Machinedrum would be a nice alternative.
But not sure how many of the features would over lap with the DT.
Or is the DT very similar to the Machinedrum, as I never used one.
Anyone know if the Rtym has a bit-rate reduction like the Machinedrum?

1 Like

The Analog Heat is killing it. So I would like to see a multi effect unit like the Eventide H9 Max. But then in a Elektron Style with a sequencer and P-Locks and trig conditions.

5 Likes

DT and MD are two different animals. One is a sampler you can use as a drum machine, the other is a drum machine you can use as a sampler if you have the UW version.

Even though you can affect the tuning and ADSR of the filter/amp on your drum samples on the DT, it’s nothing compared to actual drum synthesis in play on the MD. There’s something about playing with the actual created, ITB drum sound that yields many more possibilities than just messing with a sample.

Machinedrums are pretty cheap these days. A MkII UW will cost you a fair bit, but I got a MkI non-UW for $500 (in the US). While a brand spanking new MD that’s revamped to modern Elektron standards sounds super rad and I would totally get one, shelling out for a MD now is worth it :wink:

1 Like

You would thing a modern digital drum machine would have to be on the cards.
I would like to see a wavetable synth with a physical modelling engine thrown in also.
Nothing analog thanks, except maybe filters

6 Likes

with how good the filters and overdrive sound in the DT and DN, just keep it digital!

1 Like