What are you trying to learn today?

Trying, to motivate myself to learn Adobe Illustrator. Since boarder restrictions and international travel bans I haven’t done a single job (photographer) so my booker is trying to coax me into some weird graphic design work.

1 Like

Should have made it more explicit in the title that it was an OT thread. Oh well…

3 Likes

You can start to draw with OT’s lfo designer. :wink:

11 Likes

Best artwork with LFO designer challenge! My Mona is nearly complete.

4 Likes

Tonight will be running the ER-1 through the comb filter (not sure why I haven’t done this already). Expecting some cool sounds to p-lock and resample. Should be fun.

Love, love, LOVE me some Microsampler. It’s actually connected to the OT right now. Wish I knew of a way to help you with Key Gate sampling on the OT. If I think of something, I’ll let you know!

2 Likes

Well after time away from my OT, I’ve been digging into it again. I bought a new Eurorack modular case and modules and been working to get mine to sequence and sample the modular stuff. I am half way there.

I finally was able to get my modular to sequence from Octatrack. What a royal pain in the ass this was to get this working. Here is the routing diagram. Now I need to figure out how to layer FX from the OT to the modular system. However, I am also trying to figure out how to input one voice from the modular to T1 and another voice of the modular from the second oscillator to T2. Right now it comes on one track without separating voices. Here is what I have working now:

2 Likes

in the arranger mode it will say something like 0-16 in the length column what I add a pattern, but that’s 17 steps! what gives? If I wanted just the second half do I say 7-16 or 8-16?

1 Like

it’s best to avoid feedback loops. It’s much less troublesome to have one or the other be the master clock.

2 Likes

That is seventeen :slight_smile:

Welcome to base zero. If you wanted sixteen then: 0-15

Ignore the above; resolved below.

2 Likes

I’ve been learning to read sheet music today…
I’m learning to play the keyboard properly trying the traditional way
as well as more modern ways

3 Likes

well that’s my confusion. The 0-16 just populates the field when I paste a pattern in and it play a 16 step pattern once. I was hoping someone here knew what elektron were smoking and I could avoid wading into the manual. however the time has come…

Pg. 86 has this screen capture of an example arrangement.
Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 7.57.21 PM

I think it’s likely that if I want just the second half of a 16-step pattern I would select 8-16 but if I want the first half I would select 0-8. I guess the starting point is base zero and the end is standard counting. Just another quirk I will get used to.

1 Like

Offset: Number of steps to offset the start by; e.g 0 / None = Step 01; 1 = Step 02 etc.

Length: Length of steps to play.

4 Likes

Yeah, I forgot that the they aren’t the same units. It’s not start and stop at all :laughing:

1 Like

that was my initial thought, but after viewing the macprovideos, the instructor says something about the MIDI learn feature of the OT with the digitakt(?). I will try to have the OT be the master, though. Thanks!

You notice that I’m not saying which is better as the master. :upside_down_face:

I tend to use the OT, but lots of people like to use the DT as the master because it stores tempo with the pattern info.

good point :thinking: I shall experiment. Greatly appreciate the assistance!

This. I have like $25k in music gear and these days I spend all my free time playing my keyboard on vpiano, learning how to read music and become a better keys player.

1 Like

I know right? I still do spend a bit of time with my gear to learn about sound design etc,
But I don’t want to just rely on production tricks to make my music sound good anymore…
I want to enter the right notes with out faking it, so I’m going back to the beginning…
I guess it’s because I come from djing rather than band/instrument player background

1 Like

You asked the same question in more than one place, and I posted an answer here:

1 Like

Our son watches a cartoon, I take a copy of the audio into the OT and mess it up into different tracks - crossfader style - and back.

5 Likes