What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

Now onto Babylon 5
Haven’t watched this since I was a kid.
Still holds up - a classic.
Soundtrack and effects just seem to be the dx7 all the time which is weirdly interesting.

1 Like

Tennis

haha me too! And now I bought Captain Chords and a NDLR because …well I am lazy :smiley:

1 Like

Never heard of “power watching” … is this a common expression now? Watching films and shows has to be the most passive pastime there is, so “power watching” to me sounds totally oxymoronic.

OTOH “power watching” sounds like a neat description for attempting to monitor the activities of the powers that be.

1 Like

Treme
The Wire
Schitt’s Creek (best comedy series ever?)
Ozark
Community
His Dark Materials
Tiger King
The Mandalorian

3 Likes

Midnight Diner
Kim’s Convenience

1 Like

Cardinal on iPlayer - my first ever Canadian detective noir - all 4 seasons are superb.

Midnight Gospel
Bob Ross The Joy of Painting - Every Episode is on Youtube
Homecoming
Ozark
Billions
The Outsider
Patriot (generic name but great show)
Tiger King
Tales From The Loop
Kidding

1 Like

I’d like to add Task Master to this list of great stuff. Little different from the rest, but if you enjoy humor of the British variety, I think you’ll enjoy this.
All episodes are on YouTube.

3 Likes

Sense8 - Collaboration between the Wachowskis and J. Michael Straczinski. Loved Babylon 5, was neutral about The Matrix movies so i didn’t know what to expect, but can report that it’s better than I expected, and the solid international cast really helps.

Dorohedoro - Violent but fun anime that reminds me of some classic Humanoids comics, eg. the Jodorowsky-Mobius collaborations.

Vinland Saga - The story of Thorfinn, son of a great Viking warrior who eventually becomes an explorer - apparently modeled on the historical explorer Thorfinn who went to “Vinland” (North America).

Recently finished, would recommend:

Midnight Gospel
Code Geass
The Witcher

2 Likes

Watching “Nodame Cantabile” and the move sequels with my woman commander over the long weekend.
When I was locked down with my ailing old dad:
“Supernatural”, every season.
“Once upon a time“, every season.
“Heartland”, horsies and mellow drama, several seasons down and a few more to go, kill me now!

1 Like

I should have used ‘binge watching’!

1 Like

Dexter is one of my favorites.

1 Like

The Ray Bradbury theatre
Tales of the unexpected
The outer limits (90’s reboot)
Eureka
Alone

3 Likes

Dude, Taskmaster is so good. That and Would I Lie to You are excellent British panel shows that I only recently found out about and love. Anything with David Mitchell and Greg Davies is gold.

I just started a Showtime sub again, so:
Homeland
Billions

We’re Here on HBO - I thought I wouldn’t really like a show about drag queens going to small towns to spread love, but it’s really powerful. I tear up at least once during every episode. It’s a shame they had to stop due to the pandemic.

• What We Do In The Shadows (show)
  • Amazing Race (from the beginning, on season 13 so far…)
  • Future Man

I also have to catch up with Better Call Saul, and I’d really like to watch The Wire and The Americans.

That last season though…

1 Like

Jessica Jones is the Show I’m watching after I’m done in the Studio (very late at night). I often have to watch one episode on several nights cause I fall asleep. Good show, though. Just finished the first season.

I’m not sure I qualify for Power Watching.

1 Like
  • Last Season of Rick and Morty
  • The Outsider

I don’t watch much

I’m power watching the charge on my onewheel

1 Like

death note (fantastic)
season 1 of attack on titan (didn’t get into it)
samurai champloo (loved it)
claymore (loved it but felt it somewhat fell apart near the end)
parasyte (was a fun show)
desert punk (was up and down at times but overall i enjoyed it)

1 Like