What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Luke Abbott - Wysing Forest.

wonderful.

Hedflux - Wanderlust EP and older rmx

more also from random Broken Robot Records’ Artists

Tech-Funk-------->grooOOOooovy

IGGY Azalea but more so that ASSSS!

tangerine dream … the instrumental parts are amazing for the time they were written … very soundscape-like, and yet more, compositionally beautiful.

I’m really slapping myself for not getting into Matmos sooner. Sounds a bit like a mix of Mouse on Mars and Coil to me.

1 Like

E*Vax - LP “Parking Lot Music”: A kind of poetic minimal electro-hiphop with a Elektron gears typical sound (MD and/or MM). E*Vax is hal of Ratatat (more rock), a band i adore too

Kuedo - LP “Severant”: Vintage scifi synth music with hiphop/Dubstep beats. Poetry

Kelpe - LP “Sea Inside Body”: Sample base electro-hiphop

2 Likes

I didn’t know. Just discovered. You’re right. Wonderfull.

Mark Barrott - Sketches from an Island (International Feel)
Elektro Guzzi - Observatory (Macro)

Pantha Du Prince - LP “Black Noise”

Minilogue - LP “Animal”

Via Samuli Kemppi on Facebook i found this quite interesting.

“I was going through some older tracks and stumbled upon this. It was recorded nearly a year ago when I was getting into analog sounds, long before I started the album process. It sounds raw around the edges and it is a live jam. I’ve always liked this track. Not really something that I would normally play or release on any label, so, decided to give it away for free with wav dl option. If you like or play it, let me know. Cheers!”

Pig & Dan…they’re killing it lately!

Function + Vatican Shadow - Games Have Rules

1 Like

loving these guy’s darkish mood deep house…

1 Like

Syro has been playing nonstop here, but I’ve been listening to the new Thom Yorke record a bit as well, and it’s quite good. I definitely hear some Machinedrum and Monomachine on it.

Flying Lotus - You are dead! (Warp)

1 Like

I’ve been going through FACT mag’s IDM list and making some fun discoveries.

Part of me wishes writers would never title any retrospective using superlatives like “greatest” or “best”, but I won’t rant. :wink:

The title of this thread always makes me think of this song, which is pretty funky in its own right:

So good: