What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

I’m a bit gutted there’s no wax release but going to pick up the digi anyways.

Haven’t heard the LP. Going to check it as I enjoyed this when it came out but never dug any further.

Bogdan Raczynski

2 Likes

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/22/578573392/first-listen-nils-frahm-all-melody

3 Likes

The album is incredible. Shame it already costs a semi-arm on Discogs.

5 Likes

Off to see him end of Feb. First time… Can’t wait.

Ah. Just did a quick Juno search and down as forthcoming. They’ll email me :smile:

Excellent ambient record.

Side question: is every one really streaming music of Youtube or do you just post it for convenience?

I listen to a lot of music there because the recommendation algos are handy for discovering new things. It’s more of an active exploratory listening session than putting on a record that I know I’ll like.

But yeah I think people post yt links because it’s universal, anyone can listen (barring region locks obv)

2 Likes

A cover of REO Speedwagon’s “Keep on Loving You” that doesn’t suck (not that anything can top the original imo).

2 Likes

This is great. Didn’t know about this collab.

YT isn’t my first choice. Not a fan of dodgy rips made by people at home. I rather turn to Spotify, Sound/Mixcloud, Bandcamp.

You avoid youtube because of sound quality but are happy listening to 128kbps tracks on soundcloud? youtube defaults to high bitrate audio now, and most of the uploads come straight from digital anyway. I wouldn’t use it for a DJ set but for casual listening it’s totally fine.

I meant that I rather rely on the uploads of the creators, not some home-made rip.

Like A Tim

Fair enough, but you’re also missing out on lots of cool stuff. Also apart from nice related algos, youtube is packed with obscure full mixes, bootlegs and unreleased stuff that you can’t find anywhere else. It’s such a treasure trove, especially for instrumental hiphop. Just stumbled across this, so nice:

1 Like

I love this album - really innovative & diverse, re-discovered it recently, still have it on vinyl from back in the early 80’s. There is an interview somewhere with David Byrne saying that he was super affected after recording it night shift in the studio :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the dub heads

I hear what you’re saying and that’s probably right, but the given example is on soundcloud by the artist :wink: