What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

2 Likes

Ah Swansea, I always used to go into that second hand place there I think called More Music and have a dig. Run by a guy who looked like the guitarist from Faith No More.

Foppā€™s owned by HMV now

Windowlicker at Ā£2.99! Those were the days

1 Like
2 Likes

Ha, Ha a close mate of mine worked in there - didnā€™t own it. He later ran Vinylism above Derricks records in Swansea.

Man I love Reich. Music for 18 is my favourite piece of music ever. Electric counterpoint is also beyond dope.

1 Like

definitely, i saw different trains and some other reich pieces 5 years ago in concert in berlin. still in my headā€¦

1 Like

Ah cool, saw Different Trains in Bristol not so long ago and yeah it sticks with you. They also did a new piece of his called Pulse. Itā€™s getting a release soon and beautiful if you havenā€™t come across it yet.

1 Like

nice, just checked phase. think i like more his early work: clapping music, drumming and yes music for 18 musicians to name a fewā€¦ essential pieces for me and also interesting in respect to the whole minimal electro movement.

canā€™t resist:

2 Likes

When I first came across him I thought sh1t this guys making tracks with an orchestra thatā€™s like all the ambient Iā€™m into. Then discovered heā€™d been at it since the sixties - mind blown. On a classical note saw this harpist doing Glass pieces in Cardiff a few months ago. Sounded breathtaking in the concert hall.

1 Like

haha, i know what you mean!
i love einstein on the beach. you probably already know this docu by greenaway about glass:
http://www.ubu.com/film/glass_greenaway.html

and here a nice one about reich:
http://ubu.com/film/reich_new.html

peace, j

3 Likes

Not seen either of those. Thanks

Iā€™m listening to a lot of Hotel Neon at the moment. Very good indeed.

Anyone care to recommend some solid ambient music to get my week going?

1 Like

Iā€™ve got this queued up for bedtime

1 Like

i gotta add this one too. the last 1/3 is so good! thick ass beat.

1 Like

I had no idea they had new music out. Thanks.

4 Likes

I keep coming back to the latest Nite Jewel album. Such lush and smooth production. Great arrangements. Great live performance too if you can catch her.

1 Like