What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

3 Likes

everytime i check out this soundcloud feed it sounds great.
long time idm producer and still doing superb melodic glitchy electronicaaahhhhhh.

1 Like

I think it’s one of the last knight to be really creative even after so many years in the techno… he impressed me in every project.

His performance few years ago on his knees to the ground playing some cosmic music like a yogi or a fakir … to inflict some suffering to him … was very interesting… (maybe i translate this like that but for him it wasn’t the point but i feel it like this…)

Real Artist there :thup:

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve been a huge fan since discovering techno as a teenager. What I find really impressive is how he’s kept up such a volume of highly creative output coupled with an extensive touring schedule for all these years. The word “legend” is often thrown about but appropriate in his case. This EP really shaped my future as youngster - seems such along time ago now.

2 Likes

Man Is The Bastard

OH SHIT…NEW MEAT BEAT…this shit is LUSH! so good!

6 Likes

Only Friday I was driving along listening to a blank cd I found in the glove compartment, when Radio Babylon came on and reminded me of me my misspent youth.

Great EP, along with waveform transmissions vol 1. I never knew music like this could exist. Certainly shaped my ideas of what music could be…

1 Like
1 Like

At the time I’d never heard anything like it. Realised instantly this would be an obsession for life. My parents told me it was a phase when I wanted decks in school. Had a laugh with her recently… 20+ years on and no end of the “phase” in sight :smile:

These CRAZY guys from Paris, friends of mine : https://2035records.bandcamp.com/releases

Have a listen to the minimoog-bass, 6th track from 02:20. Crazy stuff.

(Help them having their first work printed in vinyl : https://www.leetchi.com/c/project-where-is-mr-r )

3 Likes

Surprising what you used to be able to pick up in HMV

Awesome

I don’t think you would find this!

2 Likes

All the Things You Are is the one that does that for me.

1 Like

It’s their longevity as well. Easily pushing thirty years and still sounding relevant

1 Like

Big HMVs, esp Oxford Street always had a good range of that kind of thing

Yeah I used to pick up some bits in the Cardiff/Swansea ones. Sometimes they were a little worse for ware due to not being looked after properly in the store but also stocked some bits the independents didn’t so was worth popping in.

1 Like

Seems like I went there quite a bit!
Fopp! was alright too.
Soho was a pretty decent area to shop.
Been a while now though.

![50C3547E-AE96-412A-ABF6-3FE07B790645|666x500]
(upload://nzxwH88xhD6X0WC8Us70KGmk6Ol.jpeg)

3 Likes