What Are You Listening To Lately

fantastic recording - the music is Feldman-esque (a coarse comparison), with elements of noise (no-input mixer by Toshimaru Nakamura), good variety of percussion + nuanced / restrained playing (live) - one hour duration

No input mixer? You mean just harnessing the sounds of the analog circuitry in the mixer itself?

well, feeding the output into the input, and then routing the feedback out to an amplifier (possibly through effects)

you can get a nice range of feedback sounds… low rumbles, hissing, motor-like sounds, piercing, high freq. feedback etc. it can sound massive, or very slight.

you can do this with pretty much anything (effects box, mixer, amp, etc.) that has at least a couple outputs. I’ve used a couple of Ibanez DM 1000 digital delays (rackmount) for this purpose - it’s great for raw feedback, though it’s difficult to manipulate precisely. I tried it once, successfully with just a solid state amplifier.

Mo‘Wax ftw

Thanks for the info - love this sort of stuff. Have been doing some similar stuff with the speaker from the Koma Field Kit.

Black Strobe - I’m a MAN ! …

I can’t remember if it was in this thread or not but doesn’t anyone know the name of the drummer on YouTube that has a bunch of modular gear and I think he might be wearing a costume too? His whole setup is a bit psychedelic.

Paddy Steer?

That’s him! Thanks.

:blush:

Let’s start the new year right

amazing classic!!!

I’ve been really enjoying Dataline recently…

Boy knows his way round an electro track

A bit of going way back

I like this one, great emotions.