What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

1 Like

Pure beauty. Mad mike is a genius !

1 Like

Not my usualā€¦but this is hittinā€™ right now

The Human Drummachine

This is possibly my favourite thing ever

1 Like

Sinjin killed it with his debut record this year.

1 Like
2 Likes

Loads of ambient stuff lately; Lowercase Noises, Steven Kemner, Amuletsā€¦ Plus the usual TTA, BoC et al.

This is amazing. Iā€™m gutted it isnā€™t on Vinyl.

1 Like

Have you listened to much of his work? He does a lot of tracks with Zora Jones. This is my favorite kind of production right now. A sort of post-juke thing like Cakedog or Yasha.

No, never heard of him or the label before. Generally speaking iā€™m not particularly into this kind of thing, but I really really like the track you posted and loads more on the lp. Cheers for that.

1 Like

Chilling to the new Synkro

2 Likes

John Coltrane Quintet, ā€œComplete Village Vanguardā€ to accompany my reading Coltrane on Coltrane (interview collection). So nice to return to a classic. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

fantastic recording - the music is Feldman-esque (a coarse comparison), with elements of noise (no-input mixer by Toshimaru Nakamura), good variety of percussion + nuanced / restrained playing (live) - one hour duration

2 Likes

No input mixer? You mean just harnessing the sounds of the analog circuitry in the mixer itself?

well, feeding the output into the input, and then routing the feedback out to an amplifier (possibly through effects)

you can get a nice range of feedback soundsā€¦ low rumbles, hissing, motor-like sounds, piercing, high freq. feedback etc. it can sound massive, or very slight.

you can do this with pretty much anything (effects box, mixer, amp, etc.) that has at least a couple outputs. Iā€™ve used a couple of Ibanez DM 1000 digital delays (rackmount) for this purpose - itā€™s great for raw feedback, though itā€™s difficult to manipulate precisely. I tried it once, successfully with just a solid state amplifier.

3 Likes

Moā€˜Wax ftw

1 Like

Thanks for the info - love this sort of stuff. Have been doing some similar stuff with the speaker from the Koma Field Kit.

1 Like