What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

1 Like

:slight_smile: this kinda shits my guilty pleazieā€¦

1 Like

That upload has been ripped off the vinyl at the wrong rpm (33 vs. 45). Although maybe that was intentional with the video?

Thatā€™s the amazing thing about afx. He still sounds great even when slowed down 30%.
Should sound like it does here:

2 Likes

Yes I know. wanted to make a little contribution to the funk discussion in previous comments :wink:

Rushup edge is amazing. and I agree some afx tracks sound even more exciting at lower speed (not this one imo)

Theres a bunch of unreleased tracks from the Tuss releases on WARPs Aphex page.

3 Likes

Why the surprise??

Because itā€™s not funk musicā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

No reason really ! Itā€™s and album that rewards the repeated listening is what I wanted to say. In any case, worth a listen !

1 Like

Electronic vibes with super funky chorus:

Alternate cut, pretty wild robot rock with Beck going off on some scratching and some other gearā€¦ :warning:ļø :loud_sound: :warning:ļø

2 Likes

more Planet Mu goodness

Utterly excellent modern album of Italian library music, from Metz, France. Itā€™s a movie in your head.

1 Like

Oh I see, I thought you were saying you previously didnā€™t rate Call Super!

Braces for super funky chorus

1 Like

Very coincidently, I dropped this at a party I djā€™d at on Saturday and the place went absolutely bat shit!!
LOVE IT!!

2 Likes

Any other good album ? Iā€™ve discovered the band with this one.

Best chill-out music there is.

1 Like

Ha, I wasnā€™t even trying to continue our funk coments, just a general post, but naturally I like funky stuff so that came outā€¦ Wanted to post the alternate cut which was new to me, and then show the original for comparison.

For some context, itā€™s from the album Midnite Vultures. The entire album is a spoof of Hollywood culture, total parody, as to explain the crazy lyricsā€¦

I used to listen to a lot of Beck, not so much anymore. But man Iā€™m not sure if people know what a talented producer he isā€¦

Itā€™s actually just one guy, who has only made one other album before this one called Suzi Ecto, which was very good. But heā€™s also put out a string of singles which are all worth checking out.

1 Like