What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Ya daft funkist!
:hugs:

3 Likes

Haha, I am a funkist, I concede. It just always seems soā€¦ pleased with itself, despite being completely formulaic.

But I am strange.

2 Likes

You canā€™t help be pleased with yourself when you got the funk!
I spend most of my music-making time trying to produce awkward and strange electronic noises and beats and describe it to anyone I happen to chat to it about as ā€œmachine funkā€
I had to give a lift to a stanger from work the other day and iā€™d previously been listening to a work in progress in the car.
His face contorted and he said ā€œwhat the fuck is this?ā€
I appreciated his honesty,
I explained it was ā€œmachine funkā€
He said ā€œwhereā€™s the funk?ā€
I said ā€œAre you aware of AphexTwinā€™s Window Licker?ā€
He said ā€œNoā€
I asked him who his favourite band was, he said Coldplay. I wanted to punch him and iā€™m a staunch pacifist!
This isnā€™t going well, is it?
Basically, what iā€™m trying to say is ā€œTHE FUNKā€ comes in many forms and guises.
I think Window Licker is a seriously funky track.
I very much appreciate your strangeness
123alastairj and I would gladly take you to see George Clinton if he plays the UK againā€¦ if youā€™ll do me the honourā€¦ and thatā€™s a promise!
But just to be getting on with! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Fredugolon 6

kinda has some AFX-like / Jons Hopkins / Jackson + your computer vibe going onā€¦

Jam :sunglasses:

Thereā€™s some fucking demented production on the new Charli XCX record, especially this closing track. Popheads should check out the whole thing, itā€™s actually amazing. Features from Carly Rae Jepsen, Tommy Cash and Mykki Blanco.

A lot of digital cumbia, like Barrio Lindo, Chancha via circuito, Dengue Dengue Dengue, El Remolon, Nicola Cruz, last album I discovered : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0fkTAec0ks

Surprisingly good album :

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Ryoji Ikeda

alright now Iā€™m deeep in a PC Music rabbit hole.