What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

There are some videos of live performances on Youtube and URSSS.com I believe?

I typed up a vague description then poked around and found this - I thought he just had two Micro Modulars, but I guess that’s 3. I don’t recall the MPC when he played here though, but lord knows:

He also definitely had some sort of Gotharman something or another at the show in Louisville.

2 Likes

Cool - was he playing with a drummer, or is that kit unrelated?

Didn’t play with a drummer here, but toured with Eli Keszler and I could totally see them doing some collabs at some of the shows. Here they played separately though. So I’m betting that’s Eli’s setup.

Thanks, that’s a cool insight. It’s good he gets time to tour being so in demand for his mastering.

Yeah, that first Pan release was so mindbending when it came out. It set such a high bar that the 2nd being somewhat in a similar zone made it feel like a let-down. Still so masterful though.

1 Like

I’m not sure I don’t actually slightly prefer the second one. Or I’ve listened to it more. But I’d definitely agree the first was the real shock of the new moment. Huge respect for him as an artist - I’m not sure I can think of anyone who does quite what he does across those records.

1 Like

I’ve got everything the label has released so far and this is my favourite, and it’s free for some reason

1 Like

Yeah I was surprised it was free, when it was released I was looking for the buy now!
Earlier this year I was blown away by MTCH’s album, it’s the best thing I’ve heard in a long time, seriously great work…

Defo a label worth following!

1 Like

Great tip-off

Regaling my early years with a friend this evening…

and I’m 18 again, with my head in a speaker, fog in my lungs, and losing my damn mind…

1 Like
1 Like

Wow, thanks for letting me discover this.
Instant love !

2 Likes

The new album is great. Make sure to check out his previous one, ‘The Butterfly Effect’ too. It’s probably better than the latest.

I’m currently listening to the new Karen Gwyer album, really hypnotic techno. She uses the Rytm and Octatrack too

don’t forget strobe lights flashing (at least that’s what did it for me :wink:

edit: somehow it reminded me of this

the B-Side In The Jungle (Meeting with Richard David James) is super good.

1 Like
1 Like