What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Prefuse73 has been putting out pure quality for years…
This is a fine read too

3 Likes

Naughty Boys!

2 Likes

I know I’ve said it before but this thread is so awesome. You guys have the best taste in music. I keep going back earlier in the thread and discovering more awesome acts and songs.

1 Like
2 Likes

I can’t stand vocals historically BUT mr Lidell has done some tracks that have got under the radar, not to mention his sound design which is tooooooop nooooooootch!

Great to see an artist grow and metamorphosise though, all the luck to him!

Look out Rod! Lol

1 Like

Indeed.
I’ve been following him since Subhead days, through Supercollider with Vogel, and now into his solo stuff.
Always imaginative, never dull.

1 Like

Yeah he has done really well, I’m all for it, he does have a great voice and he should use it!
And the funk goes a long way!

Jamie seems like a totally cool artful dude to boot!

1 Like

This Dub techno “sunny” anthem :

1 Like

Slow and ominous

1 Like

Really enjoying the new Shinchi Atobe album. This tune is a particular stand out for me.

3 Likes

just picked up naturist 001 … if you like airy deep house the whole ep is a treat

Hey cool thread. Been listening to this one a lot lately.

3 Likes

This album is a free download, well worth a spin, I’m loving it…

2 Likes

crazy… those Aerial M eps are way good. what sorts of things did you do with those projects?

It’s a banger

1 Like

Technically nothing :slight_smile: though I did play in other bands with many of the backing people from both the Aerial M era and Papa M era (Tony, Todd, and Tim).

The backstory is that Dave enjoyed my old band from that era. I think we had even played a show or two together. He had a commitment to open for Smog in Louisville and didn’t want to play. I think he said if he bailed on any more shows he was worried his booking agent would bail on him, so he concocted the idea of my bandmate and I joining Papa M. However, the day of the show, Dave would mysteriously not show up, and we’d just play our normal set and get to open a big show with Smog. I was maybe 19 and was told to expect everything from Dave’s rider which did not happen with the promoter. However, it was the start of a friendship with the promoter that led to me opening for Bill Callahan a few years ago on Derby or Oaks eve (can’t recall) here in town. He just thought I had to play again after the odd memory from 1999 (I think).

So, no, I never played on any M stuff, never even practiced, but TECHNICALLY (doh!) I was in the band ha.

3 Likes

If you haven’t seen Rashad live (I opened for him a couple years back) I highly recommend it. Total master of timbre!

I haven’t - would love to see him live next time he’s in the UK. What kind of gear does he use to perform live, out of interest?