What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Fripp & Eno “Evening Star”

Really incredible album. Released in 1975 and sounds completely timeless. There’s just the right amount of tape hiss.

Gonna pop one tune in here:

3 Likes

he does loop a few things… and some fx, got some stuff out of site on a shelf below whatever that mixer/box is.

his live sunday streams always make me smile.
he’s mastered the wild don’t give a fuck pure funky fun vibe. think flylos presence made him a bit more calmer than usual… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Harry Styles - Golden.

3 Likes

Listening to a lot of types of acid

Thx @taxhaven.
Ben seems like a nice pal and a creative musician…

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Listening to this while I put a new hard drive in an 8 year old iMac.

1 Like
2 Likes

indeed! he’s also my roommate and frequent collaborator on various things

1 Like
1 Like

This is sick

1 Like

Today is Lawrence English’s 45th birthday.
With “45rotations” you get 45% reduction on the whole Room40 label.
Ambient, field recording, music concrete, noise, and other gems like this duo with A. Cortini.

Many collaborations there, even one with @robinrimbaud.

My own favorite record on the label (pretty hard to pick):

On above album, strings appearing around 7:00 are a beauty, but you need to get there ^^

This is music that breathes, that needs some time to appreciate, and makes you appreciate time.
A breathe of fresh air in the dawn.

Happy bday Mr. English!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Just got these two. As a former Brisbanian (Brisbanite?) I do feel a certain parochial pride in this label :grinning:

1 Like

Got my vinyl copy of :

One half of Giant Swan.

When asked if it was all done on a Machinedrum, Robin said “Aye just the old MK1 with a bit of fiddling on the computer :nerd_face: thanks for listening!”

thanks for sharing that. Lawrence has been a friend of mine for over 25 years and we’ve recorded lots together over the years, including this fun live session with another old pal David Toop. Super proud of this improvisation. And plenty more in the archive where that came from :smiley:

1 Like

347 albums means hours of listening indeed ^^
Some are pretty trying (thinking of you Merzbow) but I found some gems in there :slight_smile:

7 Likes