What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

The new Goldfrapp “Silver Eye” - just so Goldfrapp, but with some really nice modern/digital touches unheard on any of their previous records. Good stuff, highly recommended!

Modern touch comes out more on the other tracks, like Systemagic, but still this single is pretty awesome.

1 Like

Saw Jessy Lanza live a couple of nights ago, excellent show. One of those that really makes you appreciate the records more.

Nerdy deets: she was playing a Prophet 6 desktop with a Korg Microkontrol, singing through an Eventide TimeFactor, BassStation 2 for basslines triggered from Ableton on a mac mini that was also running some backing tracks, and an SP404SX for random beats and one-shots.

3 Likes

Big fan of Jessy Lanza, that album is excellent.

1 Like

Came back listening to my great love once again, and keep finding lots of great and rare versions on youtube. These are the great things about the internet.

2 Likes

Love those Beatles demos. Remember downloading most of them on Napster/Audiogalaxy when the Internet still felt kind of ‘new’ to me… Took me forever :wink:

2 Likes

This very moment my 2 year old and me are going through my old rave/hardcore records. Currently listening to DJ Seduction Hardcore Heaven.

1 Like

Noga Erez has some very interesting production.
A bit bjork / Mia /fka twigsb if you want me to be lazy with the comparisons

She’s on google / YouTube / Facebook , unsure about MySpace and geocities ( for the old folks on here )

3 Likes

Hah, you joker!

3 Likes
1 Like

Been absolutely brutalising this release on Central Processing Unit lately, what a farking great label that is!

7 Likes

I haven’t thought about Jamiroquai in a long time, interesting to hear there’s a new album…

Yeah, I think it’s great. Lot’s of awesome bass lines. Ultimately it is all about the bass lines :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been obsessed with both Sunn and Earth recently. Been going through kind of a dark time over the last few months and finding the stunning beauty in their work is cathartic in a sense.

1 Like

“what-have-you-listened-to-lately-do d’do… do… do,
ooh-oo-oo-oooh yea”
Janet Jackson :\

The Master is back! Dopplereffekt drops a new slab of wax!

6 Likes

wasn’t super impressed when the title track came out as a preview but the album feels super good 3 listens in :star2:

2 Likes