What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Bought this record (the whole album) yesterday. Mind. Blown.

5 Likes

digging most live stuff. like this https://player.vimeo.com/video/182837094

2 Likes

Listening to the 12" version of this as Iā€™m ripping the records for a radio show. Early 90ā€™s version of Primal Scream is untouchable in my eyes.

1 Like

1 Like

Folamourā€™s Chapeau Rouge EP

Highly recommend all four tracks, lovely feelgood house

2 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™m really enjoying the recent Simian Mobile Disco album. From the way it sounds I wouldnā€™t be surprised it if turned out to be mostly Rytm and modularā€¦ who knows.

1 Like

Stasis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyeaUAgy0Ro&list=PLbGb2epya63QYmFV-I_Wpxxz2imY-ovOt

When youā€™ve got 40 odd minutes to yourself, get the headphones on and take this little journey. Beautifully simple but very effective. Iā€™d forgotten how much I love this album.

1 Like

New release, this guy is instabuyā€¦

Believe it or not, I first heard about Gary Numan when he sang with Battles on ā€œMy Machineā€, 5 years ago.

I love this song, first because Iā€™m fond of Battles, and secondly because the voice has something unique.

I always hated the 80s sound, especially because of the synthesizers. A friend of mine got me into Depeche Mode a wee bit, and it stayed in my ear somehow, but I soon shut this door and let the 80s way behind.

Now a month ago I watched this BBC documentary about Synth Wave rise in GB.

Now that Iā€™m a synth head, I have a very different approach obviously.
Anyway, I did my homework and listened to Human League, Depeche Mode again, Yazzo, Erasureā€¦

But itā€™s really Replica from Gary Numan/Tubeway Army that hit me in the face.
Really love the style, I feel like itā€™s not that dated.
I have no clue how such album would be received at that time, while Bowie was playing with Eno and Fripp, Pink Floyd hitting the Wall and suchā€¦ Crazy timesā€¦

Well, just sayingā€¦ I love this album.

1 Like

Been listening to a lot of old old school Bollywoodā€¦Bollywood before it was influenced by bad western pop musicā€¦

Been a while but this againā€¦

This on heavy rotation. Just got me the record in Amsterdam (such a nice city for record shopping)

2 Likes

Late to the party -

Also digging the new Blanck Mass + Children Of Alice records.

2 Likes

THUNDERCAT! :zap:

Just listened yet again to Mr Retsis and his classic Qebo release ā€˜Former Generations Of Structureā€™ on Detroit Undergroundā€¦

1 Like

new Grindvik is so good.

3 Likes

I share something. ok itā€™s French from Serge Gainsbourg ā€œBallade de Melody Nelsonā€ reinterpreted by M (very nice French guitarist) and General Elektriks (very nice French keyboardist and band also)
i will post the two version of it so you will be able to compare and maybe appreciate the performance from M and General Elektriks ā€¦ I think they really done something. Also itā€™s LIVE and it will take place only for the French TV SHOW ā€œTARATATAā€ so this performance normally not played elsewhere thatā€™s the beauty of the Tv show ā€œduoā€ and they put in Duo a lot of BAND not necessarily who match each other thatā€™s also another cool thing.

The original song from Serge Gainsbourg :

The reinterpretation in TARATATA DUO by M and General Elektriks :

4 Likes