What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

1 Like

lovely piece of music :slight_smile:

this amazing Instagram account:

2 Likes

Listening to a deep trip in the dreams of Alan :sunny:

6 Likes

Goto80 80864 on cassette, brilliant amalgamatic soup of Sid chip, 808, acid, speech synthesis and chiptech vibes, electro, funk, ticks many boxes of my fave things so it was kind of a no brainer for me :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

Trippy vid. Going through this YouTube channel is literal nightmare fuel.

1 Like

Might just be my new favourite jazz tune.

Better versions are to be had on the streaming services, I listened to it on Tidal. Love their curated jazz playlists, this one was played on “out there.” Who ever is putting them together must be some high level jazz nerd. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really diggin’ this guy’s production aesthetic. Sounds like everything is going through a Sherman Filterbank…

4 Likes

Very cool, like different take at the Haitian fight Song. At least it reminded me. You opened a nice research door here for me. Cheers

1 Like

Old J Majik tracks, the whole album is excellent, but I really love the drum programming and global atmosphere on these two. Also reminds me my youth, the trip hop/Mo’Wax era that made me dive into the electronic cauldron and lots of other genres/soundscapes/universes. Never surfaced since then :star_struck:

3 Likes

Excellent! Can you elaborate? Now that you have me intrigued. :slight_smile:

LOVE these, especially Stationary. Some proper mid-90s science, heavily Photek-influenced, but weren’t we all. Takes me right back. Paging @TRAINTRACS.

2 Likes

probably a rather naive comparison, but similar structure - and that’s where the similarity might already end.
It sprung to mind… but check it out if haven’t heard it. you can tell he was pissed off. that bass gets me every time

2 Likes

had this on a mixtape as a kid in 92 but only just found out what it was! belter

2 Likes