What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

1980’s Herbie Hancock ftw!!!

4 Likes
2 Likes

bmsr has always been a continual source of inspiration for me. their newest album is one of their best imo. love their drum sound on this track.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I know there are a couple of popheads on here, what’s the feeling about the new CRJ album? For me around half the tracks are amazing and half are filler or ruined by really poor production choices. None of it quite matches the highs of e•mo•tion.

This bassline tho kisses fingers

a bit of skwee / daniel savio

this is him playing live .

1 Like

Holy 90s Batman.

2 Likes
7 Likes

I’m really feeling these old traditionals lately.

Makes me want to put off buying my next synth and invest in a banjo

1 Like

Super late to the party, but I just found out about Steevio and am over the moon

5 Likes
5 Likes

I was always hoping Steve albini would work with Sunn o))). I think this album comes closest to the live experience for me, so much clarity.

1 Like

Caught this guy last night by total chance on a surprisingly good & long established show i’ve not noticed before - UK Ch4 FTTF (four to the floor) - great content and package format … and interesting to see the DIgitakt get a bit of exposure last night (an aside, different artist, this stuff’s all live drums/perc)

The show was engaging enough, but within a few seconds of seeing this guy’s delivery of this track coupled with his voice, presence and authenticity/politics i just sensed this was going to be a special find … thankfully trawling the other eclectic stuff he’s done it did not disappoint - they all have a great mood, anyway, it seems he has an album literally just out, gonna pick that up … i’m loving this track from it tho

A playlist from his label :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL1GHac0FrNpht4_E4Rb9JttsbrAtlSq9

Been out to pick this^ up - it’s an outstanding album, the textural aspects (which i like) of it are much more a part of it than the acoustic rhythmic pulse, but i realise that the standout tracks for me are the ones prominently featuring the drummer who has such great timing and feel on the hats and so on, she gets second billing to on the musician credits which is unusual, she seems to be a poet/drummer treading her own path beforehand - check out the feel/commitment and timing switches in this Ted demo - some talent

the guest/featuring singers on the album are good, but i kinda wish the voice was Skinny Pelembe’s a bit more, he seems to wear a few hats besides guitar- it’s an excellent debut though, looking forward to following where this goes