What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Today i brought back 25 vinyl albums (i am cleaning and sorting out my house in preparation of our expected daughter) The record store gave me 30€ back (which is nothing, but i love them so i am fine).

I bought dopes to infinity by monster magnet. A fantastic album by a band i stopped listening after i saw them with Marilyn Manson… both being very negative about homosexuals.

Fck them… but cool album.

Great band, saw them back in the 90s at the bizarre festival.

Pauline Oliveros RIP

5 Likes

Instant purchase for this!

Cologne? With kyuss, white zombie and paradise lost? Was an amazing festival. I still recall all the shows, though I was stoned beyond measure that day

This little monster snaps my neck every night dbridge- Dead Peak

A lot of other nice stuff on cylon and dispatch as well

Haha, you were not the only one!

I got it mixed up, this was the festival:

http://konzerte.aven.de/?p=240

It was so hot, after RATM i nearly got a
circulatory collapse. I don’t know how i managed to get to the drink stand but i seemed like a day trip :sweat_smile:

JMJ Album Electronica

nice ambient house

1 Like

Rashad Becker is back - the mastering legend. I was completely blown away by his first album, and now his second album just got released. Avantgarde, futuristic, abstract tracks, but still accessible as there is always clearly a musical idea with what he’s doing.
Check him out, if you haven´t already:
new album: https://boomkat.com/products/traditional-music-of-notional-species-vol-ii
first album: https://boomkat.com/products/traditional-music-of-notional-species-vol-i

2 Likes

Izzard - Alone, Together EP

…sublime and cheerful

Looking forward to checking it out. Definitely loved the first album and had the privilege of playing with him here in Louisville. It was amazing!

1 Like

this is good stuff - thanks for the tip

yeh this new Rashad Becker is super - haven’t heard the first one yet!

No problem!

Love this

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Not what I’m normally in to but dug it enough to hit YouTube and this recording’s rad also. Modular’s beyond me, I see a lot of videos that seem pretty ‘meh’ for the amount of effort/expense but this guy’s nailing it for compositions IMHO. Fully warrants the expense/effort etc -

1 Like

I really like the first kyteman tour, because of the dynamics in the show. Heavy sounds, subtile sounds, big, chambre music, hip hop, romantic, etc. I think thats why He reached so many people.

Second tour was nice, but people around me found it too difficult.

Now, with his modular, he is developing quickly. It is amazing… but also freaky, difficult and always asks a lot of the audience. I think he will not release a big album with this. I also think He knows enough about music and about audience to understand this himself. One more year, 12 hours a day more practice… and he will be BIG. And… affordable for many places worldwide to book him.

I listen the new leonard Cohen and ry cooders Paris Texas a lot these days

1 Like