What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

woof, this Black Taffy record, Im getting the vinyl.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been into this too. I havenā€™t really listened to that much instrumental hip hop in a while, but this grabbed me. I like the loose hand-made beats and the lightly affected samples. The sound has a real strong emotional quality to it.

Didnā€™t see that comingā€¦ :smile:

1 Like
7 Likes

A blast from the past. Good old Carl Craig :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I once saw a mini documentary about Burnt and how he modified his instruments with seemingly random parts. I really like his production style. The Secret Rhythms series is very nice. I also enjoy his collabs with The Nu Dub Players a lot.

Edit; as a percussionist Iā€™m obviously also a fan of Jaki. The man is a living legend.

5 Likes

Superb set

Big fan of Jaki.
I am sorry to tell you he is a no longer
living legend.

1 Like

This https://blackesteverblack.bandcamp.com/album/devil-s-dance

Stormer.

1 Like

Why is it I like artists like alva noto, emptyset, Venetian Snares, Sturqen, etc., but I can never ever get into Autechre no matter how many times I listen to it? Itā€™s like thereā€™s something in their music where after like a few minutes Iā€™m like ā€œthatā€™s enough.ā€

2 Likes

How old are you? Def young :smiley: , try to begin with Autechre Amber or incunabulla after you come from a Venetian snares set and wanna go to sleep!

Always used to laugh with my gang at how may mixes had ā€œIncludes throw, by Paper Clip People on the coverā€. Great track.

1 Like

New Efdemin album is proper good of rare quality!

1 Like
1 Like

Love this kind of fucked up distorted acid like Beverly Hills and Universal indicator for mixing not so much listening :smiley:

1 Like
2 Likes

Nice one thanks