What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

damn sorry but what kind of crappy music is he making nowadays (or is this another Lusine?) i prefered his early work like this:

or this one:
2 Likes

It’s a keenly priced discount but I’ll probably only pick up a few as I don’t have the stamina for 19 variations. I’m still trying to digest NTS and Elseq…

I know it’s early days but any recommendations for which sets diverge most from the last batch of Brussels, Graaf etc?

This does give me hope that they’ll make 2016 live sets available at some point. The gig at the old Granada Studios in Manchester was amazing.

Going through Mistabishi’s youtube page recently. This guy is doing so much with the new Electribes everyone loves to hate on. Imagine if he takes on some Elektron box :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aye, I always listen to their new albums heavily when they first come out. And no matter how much I think I “get them” it’s only when I go back to the previous album I have another epiphany. My mate was asking for Elseq recommendations as he’s more of an AE dabbler so it probably is time to go back to that again. And the new (old) lives…

This only landed yesterday but I’ve heard it 5 times already.
Er, WOW :astonished:

2 Likes

Just bought RUINER on Steam because it was on sale, and I’m blown away by the soundtrack:

2 Likes

Love that act. How are they getting those signature sounds, like at the beginning of that clip? Noise osc and LFOs?

1 Like

in one interview they said that they work with raw oscillators and exponential uncontrolled processes, so no sequencing or heaps of automated modulations, basically “adding modulations by hand” and free-oscillation lfo’s etc.

Shotgun Wedding is great too as well as any of the Rowland Howard endeavors.

1 Like

I’ve been spending a fair bit of time digesting the recent Farmersmanual collection that’s snappily titled as Singles. Weirdly on their bandcamp it shows as for pre-order for release last month but when you do that it lets you download the full thing. So, a real mixed bag of various experimental gubbins from over their career - I like to put it on random and just soak up half an hour of whatever chucked at me.

https://farmersmanual.bandcamp.com/album/the-singles

1 Like

miam !

1 Like
3 Likes

Steel Mogu by [Iglooghost]

Neō Wax Bloom by [IGLOOGHOST]

Clear Tamei by [Iglooghost]

https://iglooghost.bandcamp.com

3 Likes

Dang, good looking out, I even tweeted at them hoping for news for when it actually would be released, but I didn’t know it actually was - sort of - released :slight_smile:

LOVE this stuff…

Susanne Sundfør - The Silicone Veil:

1 Like

This album, by Elektron-Users alum @futureimage

It’s excellent!

5 Likes

Another timeless electronic music piece I like, 19 years old: