What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

I’ve had a really relaxing time after quitting dj-gigging a year back. It’s a very elitist business even in a small town as my hometown. If you’re a dj, you’re supposed to listen to only very obscure disco edits, white labels and exclusives. After quitting, it felt like finally being able to breath after 18 years of tucking my tummy in. Let it go.

Finally I can listen to King Crimson, Joni Mitchell, Bruce Springsteen or other uncool music without anybody pointing a finger on me. If I feel like listening to Rammstein some day, it’s totally ok, nobody will judge me for my choice (except maybe my girlfriend).

Been really enjoying Rush, King Crimson and other progressive rock lately as a result. I’m a free man!

3 Likes

oh, i know what you’re talking about.

on the other hand, i listen to KC gigs and wonder why so few people on electronic scene even try doing some cool improvisations and stuff like that.

actually, it’s not that difficult, and it’s not the question of technology, because technology is really powerful nowadays.

1 Like

Barefoot in the park https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Igcz7vp9gug&feature=youtu.be

You have to give it to this guy. He knows how to play with samples and arrangements.

I am impressed. I love this track and from just listening once the whole album is also great. Anyone with me?

2 Likes

Been a fan for many years. Love this new album.

Meng Qi Buchla performance posted today:

3 Likes
3 Likes

the name is good enough for me to appreciate it :)…some hi-energi stuff? or sped up?

4 Likes

I was just listening to this the other day myself. Holds up. Person Pitch has the influence but I think this is a lot more musical.

this

where did my youth go…:)…hybrid of hi energy / gabber/ hardcore (am i being redundant?)

1 Like

Some remarkable performances here in tribute to the late, great Jaki Liebezeit:

1 Like

Bathed myself in the liquid chords of Obsolete Machines Vol 1 & 2 this morning :

And noisy, percussive techno, now

5 Likes

I just bought a couple of Yaporigami albums today!

3 Likes

I’m just listening:…
Der Dritte Raum@Tresor Closing Party 03.04.2005

I just know this one, any other good 12" or albums ?