What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

1 Like

For those of you who like Arthur Russell’s World of Echo. Eric Chenaux’s voice is like a combination of Nick Drake, Nina Simone, and John Martyn. Sorta jazzy sorta folky style singing, with the most beautiful/f****d guitar playing and warbly atmospherics. A gut-punching gem of an album.

This album from 1988. Its sporadic chopped-up editing and colorful sound design predict a lot of ideas found in contemporary experimental electronics.

2 Likes

When Moikai reissued this in the late 90s it was such a revelation. A classic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the quick, jazzy drums towards the end.

3 Likes

i loved the Olga and Jozef 12"s from the very late 90s ealry 00s… so this is sick

and i didnt realized i missed the magnetic fields 5xCD album

3 Likes

Watch until the end. It’s short enough and worth it.

Seen this live last Saturday. There was incense and candles. And this impressive Death Whistle.
Right before there was a storyteller. Not that usual either.
And afterwards, “Le Pays du Mât”. Meaning two naked guys covered with dirt and screaming metal-like in their microphones while noise was blasting the PA.

Crazy night.

“Chris Carter’s Chemistry Lessons Volume One” Album

digging on this
3 Likes

It’s a trip

4 Likes
2 Likes

Broadcast

6 Likes

Listening to this one again and pre ordered this vinyl, really love the atmo, oldskool elektro, … would be great to mix in a ‘sit back and enjoy’ type of dj set, car, headphones on the bus etc

9 Likes

So good

7 Likes

Sebatian Mullaert - Genome 1

3 Likes

my music/label mate from japan offer this beautifull free tune on SC :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Great for my UBahn folder!

A friend of mine Gabe Barrett (we were roommates in the 90’s) quietly released an album on Bandcamp of modular sketches that is pretty fantastic… in a lot of ways reminds me of Jogging House. @boboter I could imagine this on your label.
https://greyes.bandcamp.com/releases