What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Shaping up to be my favourite release of the year! Great DJ set on Worldwide FM the other day too.

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Ceephax Acid Crew - Camelot Arcade

M38 - Saturday = Youth (the production is outstanding on this)

1 Like

i can’t get enough of the new Low. just on repeat

3 Likes

Same. Devestatingly great. Topical but avoiding cliche, Low vocals immersed in exquisite, forward thinking arrangements and production. Absolutely stunning.

1 Like

Album of the year material for me. Just so unexpected. The last time I listened to Low was maybe 10 years ago and now suddenly they make the most poignant and important album of 2018 which sounds like Pan Sonic remixed them or something.

1 Like

Right? I got into them with Things We Lost but kind of gave up afterwhile. Kind of stagnated. I heard some chatter about their last one but didn’t get around to it. This shit came out of NO.where. My ears / eyes shot straight at my monitors with that first noise and stayed put.

If you’d told me last month LOW (lotsa credit to BJ Burton) would be releasing one of the great works for these disgusting times I would have been kind of confused. But now it makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Catching up with the missed shows on London’s NTS radio.

Currently enjoying this Melon Magic show with Modern Institute

1 Like

Now this guy’s output is something I watch closely, serious high quality audio.
Spotted this but the price tag is almost discriminatory at best but then again over 1000 tracks, between seconds and hours, it’s worth it. Just wish I could buy it in instalments or something! (and I don’t mean track by track :crazy_face:)

Anyways, nothing but love and wonderment for this ‘stuff’…
Edit, have you found an ‘output’ on Bandcamp more expensive?:face_vomiting:
Answers on a postcard, winners receive an imaginary pen in the actual post.:joy:

Edit, Daniel, all due respect :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Who doesn’t like a bit of Sade up em.
Acid to boot.
:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Look forward to hearing these on a proper system

5 Likes

Some pretty interesting sounds. But I have the feeling that the $1000 album is either:

1. (generous interpretation) Some kind of artistic statement
  2. A joke
  3. Pure pretension
  4. (likely) Some combination of all of the above
1 Like

4 Likes
3 Likes

I love this Nils Frahm Ra Session! Can’t quite figure out how the setup works… Is the volume and pitch bend on the Juno being used to control other gear via midi? And he gets such a gorgeous sound out of that Juno…

2 Likes

There are 1573 tracks in there mind, its just the initial outlay for that body of work.
I don’t have any more equipment I can sell to buy it though so that will never be listened to in flac quality :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like