What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

You are welcome ! There are so many good things on this series of collaborations between the “old guard” and the newcomers.

I love the the ones with Sun Araw & The Congos and Borden, Ferraro, Godin, Halo & Lopatin particularly

But one of my favorite of the year so far has been the latest Huerco S. album :

3 Likes

@LyingDalai whoa, surprised as well. this used to be the dark side of the moon of threads: it never dropped off the charts. maybe the previous misspelling made it the eyeworm it was…

at work: pitchfork turned me on to sa pa, over at giegling. great for low-volume listening while you’re doing something else, but also rewards active attention.

at home: currently going through vinyl purchases slowly, savoring them one at a time like fine wines, and if that approach doesn’t convert you into an insufferable audio snob then i don’t know what will :cocktail: if you’re a house/tech aficionado i recommend

• baaz - what about talk about 2
  • folamour - chapeau rouge
  • pavel iudin - waxology
  • savvas ysatis - tresor 263
  • margaret dygas - even 11
    and casting a wider electronic net
  • moritz von oswald trio - vertical ascent

in the car: currently got television’s marquee moon on continuous repeat. that shit never gets old.

Totally dig Huerco S.
I’m so fond of such ambient Gas/Pop feelings…

The most amazing thing I heard in this register was Jefre Cantu-Ledesma’s Faceless Kiss. On a beach in south Brittany, New Year’s Eve, 9am, sun rising… Awesome memory.

I preordered the LP boxset of all the Gas recordings that should be coming out quite soon now. The originals go for hundreds of €€€. That’s actually one of the biggest reasons I got into synths and bought the OP1 to try my hand at such sounds and have fun with soundscapes and atmospheres.

Maybe the A4 will be added at some point later this year… :slight_smile:

I will be checking Jefre Cantu, Thanks ! Love it when the music lines up perfectly with the moment; the true perfect ones are few and far between but when they are it’s always such a bliss.

1 Like

Right now everything by jonwayne, I love intelligent hip hop. Wonky intelligent hip hop even moreso.

1 Like

Shed - Shedding The Past

A few years old, but has lost nothing, and hasn’t been beaten for what it is IMO

New Tycho! AOTW for me! :smiley:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kg9gjQnSCAw

1 Like

My favourite act now:
Preoccupations!!! genius live show

and for the more synthetic pleasures my FAV Rival Consoles:

1 Like

Jonwayne is pretty cool on stage as well !
I saw him in a tiny boat in Lyon, half instrumental / half rap, and quite some presence !
Massive !
The little crowd was totally enthusiastic, pretty good moment :smile:

1 Like

Some soul infused hip hop from Ugly heroes.

1 Like

Id love to see him live, my favourite live hip hop of the last few years was Dizraeli and the small gods. Full band sound Indie meets hip hop, shame the split. Dizraeli & Bellatrix are now playing with beardyman instead.

1 Like

Donnacha Costello’s Colorseries.

1 Like

Really like his music (Donnacha Costello)

[details=Open this]https://soundcloud.com/social-experiment-records-749312087/a1-1st-warning?in=social-experiment-records-749312087/sets/add-black-sun-ep

Nothing to do with the first one ! so it’s a TOTAL JUMP without transition

[/details]

1 Like

http://tidido.com/a35184372149012/al540719d4196deee83f8d014f/t54080093196dee94758bb6df

This track is hilarious

Check out this live version of “liquid’spirit” from Gregory porter, totally rockin it!
The keyboard guy is possessed by devil, I like him!!! These guys are just kings when it comes to live playing. Listening to the album version is boring after hearing this!

Every time I hear their music, it reminds me that even if my music is completely sequenced, at some point I have to design it to be played live afterwards because Live act is what really makes it comes to life, and also where I really begin to have fun!

1 Like

JMJ … the old stuff

:smile_cat: