What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

5 Likes
1 Like

and this one

This is the first time i noticed the 707 Rimshot being used as a trigger for a synth ( sh101?) in an actual releaseā€¦ comes in around 02.05.
Does anyone know of any other examples? i guess there has to be a lot of acid out the where this was used.

1 Like

So good; fantastic sound design on this double ep

3 Likes

2 Likes

This whole album is fiyah!

1 Like

Yeah smashed it in work today. Looking forward to blasting it at home later. Top stuff

Iā€™m wishing had a Monomachine now- the only thing keeping me from seriously pursuing it os that what Iā€™ll make with a MnM will be nowhere near this quality(also I canā€™t commit to a full kit of worthwhile sounds)

4 Likes
5 Likes

Got this baby in my car stereo

7 Likes

Give my friend Erich Avinger a listenā€¦ live from Houston.

This man can truly play the guitarā€¦

Rock will never die!

1 Like

used to dance to this at da club back in the daysā€¦

ahhh memoriesā€¦that acid bass line !!

6 Likes

Such an underrated Hosono release. Been digging Cochin Moon lately as well.

Also on heavy rotation:

Skee Mask - Compro

Rezzett - Zootie

Walker Brothers - Nite Flights

Lee Gamble, Grouper and some other stuff. New Second Woman EP (instant/apart) is also pretty fresh.

1 Like

Light In The Attic is reissuing a bunch of Hosonoā€™s albums at the end of August - looking forward to that!

1 Like

Worth checking out the Sacred Bones catalogue. Amen Dunes album Donkey Jaw from 2011 stuck with me.

Also check out The Fat White Family.

2 Likes

Nite Flights is such a strange album. ā€œThe Electricianā€ and ā€œNite Flightsā€ are two of the best songs ever recorded imho, and then the rest of the album isā€¦???

2 Likes