What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Cenk!

That was actually pretty awesome.

1 Like

Chevelle is back, still solid. And now a two-piece?

1 Like

Word.
Beatles = Chemical Brothers

4 Likes

Is this the same alt-rock Chevelle that sounded a bit like a poor man’s Tool (that’s a compliment, I love Tool and even poor man’s Tool is better than 80% of other music) at some point?

I recently bought three Chevelle cds for one euro each at a flea market (Hadn’t even heard of the band before that.) and was quite happy on my way home as I was listening to them on the car cd-player (One of the only good things about owning a motorized vehicle is getting to listen to flea market cds fresh after buying them on the way to the next flea market.)

1 Like

I would argue that while not nearly as ambitious musically or thematically as Tool, Chevelle has stuck to their kickass formula for 25 years and it just works. They had it all figured out on their very first E.P.-

Was blown away with the first few Tool releases (Opiate especially) but honestly I appreciate Chevelle more now.

1 Like

Triggered by JT being mentioned in another thread

3 Likes

…I got hooked in. too bad there isn’t more to it. but I can imagine, recorded properly, these beats would be pretty sick.

Everything JT and Wajatta releases sounds so crisp and tight. Good video!

Returning to my favorite record of 2020:

Such lush production, love the washes that ebb and flow through this track.

Boy Harscher, Paradox Obscure, Phase Fatale… Waiting for the new Kaelen Mikla album. And alot of death metal and black metal.

5 Likes
3 Likes

updated to replace removed video

4 Likes

What energy, what sound and the cover is superb.

1 Like
3 Likes

I love this stuff.

Keep those dancing shoes on.

1 Like

And then a little something for us MF DOOM heads, R.I.P.

And as I’m sipping’ my nightcap, watching the L trains, and wishing I was riding one down to the Loop, Miles swoops in with Coltrane and takes me away.

8 Likes