What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 2)

Recently was watching a gameplay trailer from the snowboard pc game “shredders” and was very impressed by the ost made by Jennifur…

I’ve known about ex-Bad Seed and Magazine member Barry Adamson for years, but only just got round to checking out some of his work. Eclectic to a comedic extent. Arabic-Bond theme-ska anyone? Wasn’t prepared for the extent that sampled drum loops, brass, and strings are used either.

1 Like

Last day of work this year and listening to Bleach by Nirvana while I apply patches

3 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like
6 Likes

Suzanne Ciani has been updating her YouTube channel in the last days. “Fish Music” seemed of special interest to me, I think it was not on streaming platforms, and it is a 1977 composition designed to be played on a loop in a giant aquarium in an American shopping center.

5 Likes

This is excellent.

1 Like

Have been listening to Trigg & Gusset quite a bit lately. A bit like A Cinematic Orchestra but maybe slightly darker - moody slow jazz. Nighttime music.

2 Likes

Some oldies that are good for the mood.

Set is fire

1 Like

In between the reggae dub, screamo glam metal, the 80’s gangster rap, and bluegrass ballads, it’s often rando stuff like this

3 Likes

Or stuff like this…

This from Natalia Beylis is excellent:

“It was a rainy day at the recycling centre in Leitrim. There, amongst the tangle of discarded kettles and broken down toasters, I first laid eyes on her: a CRB Elettronica Ancona - Model: Diamond 708 E Electric Keyboard. She waited, resolved to her fate of slowly oxidizing in the drizzle before being crumpled into the back of a lorry heading for the landfill. Or maybe, she waited, knowing I would come. I smuggled her into the back of my van and brought her home. For years, she sat untouched in the corner of my studio. Until one day when I finally plugged her in and she came alive with an unpredictable rattle. I took her apart and inside I found three broken purple crayons broken into nine pieces. With the crayons excavated, she sounded perfect. To me anyway.”

1 Like

Sorry for the FB link, I hate this but Rinemax is hard to find.

Had a blast on Dec. 29th to her performance, so wild and distorted yet precise and powerful.

The vid is s lacking an essential dimension, the verticality of the sounds from head-level PA to infrabass in the legs. It had such a groove.