What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 2)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Ethno Techno, they have a dervish dancer too, great to watch him.

Visuals are crazy, music is psychedelic rock, 70ties vibe… one man solo project.

1 Like

Only just properly noticed Kely Lee Owens did a companion to her future looking LP8 called LP8.2 this year. The series seems to be about her experimenting with styles and sounds which I love. I totally love her voice on this one more than ever. LP8 is possibly my favourite of hers. Only dipped into this so far but it’s good.

She has her own thread (https://www.elektronauts.com/t/kelly-lee-owens-is-the-best/) and deserves it but won’t revive that for now.

Did the soundtrack to the Women’s World Cup this year too which is awesome:

I seem to remember she’s an Octatrack user? Should go see her play as she’s one of my favourites for a long time now and also comes across as a great person whenever I’ve seen her interviewed.

1 Like

1 Like

pre-Godflesh

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

Kaho Matsui is in love and you can tell.
Glitches and textures synths with some guitar, I really love the result.
Go check it (whole discography for 14 bucks, btw, and it’s BandCamp Friday!).

1 Like
3 Likes

Right now, I am in love again with this old album of ramshackle minimal psychedelic lo-fi constructions:

Sometimes it’s almost ambient. Sometimes it’s closer to early industrial. It shouldn’t really work, but it somehow does.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of Clipping’s discography, but the transitions, use of controllers and foley fx (balloons even!) in this KEXP set are pretty amazing. Cool interview as well.

I felt like giving a listen to a classic @Unifono release

After listening to it on repeat, I got a job offer after just shy of 7 months being unemployed.

I’m sold that this ep is good luck(and really solid) and that everyone should listen to it if they could use a little more prosperity in their lives.

Thanks Unifono!

10 Likes

:heart: thanks my friend, that’s so nice to hear

Congrats on the job offer!!

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Gorge. Nice Mirah like vibes which is always a good thing.

1 Like