What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

1 Like

I have a FNM flare up myself lately. Actually was listening to Angel Dust today on my way to work - such a brilliant record. Also Mr. Bungle California last weekā€¦

4 Likes

LOVE this oneā€¦

SFV Acid

Pretty much anything Mike Patton has been/is involved in is gold!
Enjoying some Dead Cross with the morning coffee today. Great video too this.

4 Likes

Saw him once in Bruxelles improvising besides Fennesz, with only a microphone.
What a legend.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t seen him doing anything live since the 90s (he leapt off a massive speaker stack into the crowd, of course. FNM gig). I should do something about that!

2 Likes

I was too young in 90s. I remember in 1997 my mom told me after their gig (FNM), she will take me with her next time. And few months after this they broke up. It was the only time I cried because some band disbandedā€¦
In 2008 Patton played here with italian band Zu while touring for their phenomenal album Carboniferous (on which he is a guest). So by that time I took my mom with me :slight_smile: She didnā€™t really like the music, but she was so happy that Mike was passing by her while going on stage, so she finally saw him directly after all those big concerts.
After some years I finally saw FNM as well - the first tour after comeback, before Sol Invictus was released. I wanted take her with me again, but suddenly she felt old to go to such loud rock gigā€¦

4 Likes

Canā€™t get enough of this rn.

6 Likes

I should find the time once and listen to the whole thing in one goā€¦

2 Likes

Beautiful story :heart:

Canā€™t wait to live a similar scene as a parentā€¦

1 Like

ā‡’ :beers:

Thx @rephazer

3 Likes

yeah iā€™ve seen it in the past, but i will gladly rewatch everything from this guy :slight_smile:

FNM are one of my fave bands and one of the first I ever liked - before FNM I couldnā€™t stand music with vocals, but Patton helped turn me around. I saw them play London in 2013, amazing set.

Stripsearch was my favourite song growing up. Looking back it has some really beautiful synth sounds, no idea what it is that makes the five-note motif that precludes the verse and chorus sections but I love it for the squelchy tone and how sad it makes me feel. This song is off the album which my dear late big brother recorded to a cassette I inherited and listened to over and over again.

4 Likes

Both, the song and the video are great. And you are right with the synths. The keyboard sound on first records up until Real Thing is not my cup of tea, but from Angel Dust there are really interesting moments in this regardā€¦
For me, as Alfred Hitchcock enthusiast, the video for Last Cup of Sorrow is probably even tad better.
And being from Czech Republic, great bonus on Album of the Year is the cover art - that man with flowers was our first president Masaryk (when the state was formed after WW1). Allegedly it was kind of an apologize to the fans in our country, because when they first played in Prague they told in some interview that they ā€œare happy to play in Yugoslaviaā€ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

On some heavy Christoph de Babalon vibes recently !

Also this, canā€™t get enought of those Roland acid sounds hahaha

2 Likes

Hadnā€™t in a whileā€¦ :alien:

2 Likes

a record my step dad had when I was a kid around 8-10ā€¦:hahaha youtube

The postman dropped me off the vinyl this morning, perfect for a good wake-up call.

2 Likes