What are you creating during quarantine?

@westberliner, not really my style too, good stuff. Maybe personal, but I think I’d prefer if the voice was more glued with the synths, with some more fx, reverb coming to mind of course…

1 Like

I’ve been collaborating with a guitar playing friend. Still work in progress.
I made a master on a Philips Dcc, kinda lame video, but I really like the song. Features Analog rytm, Octatrack , Prophet X and a touch of Analog heat.

Thanks for listening! I actually tried my best to not bury vocals in effects for once as that would usually be what I’d do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

At the moment I’m creating a lot of belly fat :neutral_face:
No gym suuuuuuuxxxxxxxxxx!!!

2 Likes

In addition to making a LOT of music with Elektron gear in lockdown, I learned to do animation in Blender software. I made my very first animated music video for our band Pihka Is My Name. It came out today. Digitone and Analog Rytm all over the track, and I’m super proud of it! Take a look, I hope you like it too.

5 Likes

Really impressive work!
I guess you also used video editing software and fx?
I don’t especially like the robots, or some visuals, but I’m really impressed by camera movements and fx, synced to the music.
Really good music too.

1 Like

Fiddling some more with video too, but way less advanced than @Pihka_LT. Still wanna dig in to Blender, but so little time, even in lockdown.

Video: Ableton/Max/Rokvid
Music: mc707, Cycles, NDLR

3 Likes

Glad you like the music! I’ve filmed ‘making of’ videos of both the track and the video, and as soon as I edit them I’ll upload them on our PihkaSound YouTube channel. In a few weeks I think.

Yes I used Resolve Studio to put my Blender files together, and for some efx.

1 Like

i just released a “companion” album to my upcoming full length to be released later this winter/early spring 2021.

this is a soundtrack to a film that doesn’t exist, a tribute to 70s Italian horror films and the soundtracks that made them what they are.

2 Likes
1 Like

interesting!! perhaps i will take on this challenge!

1 Like

We started doing live shows with our band Pihka Is My Name. Streaming for now, of course. Since there’s also a lot of free time in lockdown, I wanted to make these videos about preparing for a live electronic gig. I’m a heavy Elektron user, so I thought these videos might be of interest to people here.

The Analog Rytm MKII is my main instrument. In this video I’m explaining how I’m utilizing it to the max, with individual outs and the external in too. I’ve had the device since its release and I’m still finding out new things about it <3 And one of the best sources to find out about those new things is this forum. Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Kool Keith!!! love it.

1 Like

I did this a few weeks ago – plenty of synth in there, Lyra 8 and Novation Peak run throughout in various guises!

1 Like

Thanks man!

1 Like

impressive work!!

Thanks! :blush::raised_hands:

Some breakcore jungle generative drumset on ableton…

my first full length album since 2017 is out this morning, and i’m feeling pretty proud of it!
i’ve done other things in the meantime, like minimal experimental stuff, i released a “movie soundtrack” for a non-existent italian horror film last month, but this one is my baby. it’s how i made it through the last year of the pandemic. I really enjoyed writing and recording this one. i am also really glad to no longer be working on it, because it lets me start something new. hopefully some of you like it! :slight_smile: (plus there’s some solid digitakt appearances)

1 Like

A bit of a departure for me, much more purely orchestral / acoustic than I usually make - back to my roots in orchestral classical music!