What are some OT features you wished you have found earlier

I’m honestly confused… How do you end up with these results? I’d like to help you lol

The “original tempo”. In the “attributes” section of when you edit a sample. I was always using the level knob to get increments of .25 - which is fine - but FUN + left/right arrow gives you increments of like .06.

7 Likes

I see. :slight_smile:

I got one on topic: I always found it tedious to adjust the master lenght of a pattern.
About two years after I got my OT I found out that it’s possible to change the master length in sixteen steps with holding Function and pressing up/down.

2 Likes

Unfortunately still not precise. I think the only way to have a 2 digits or more precision is to load a sample with the right tempo in a Pickup, with Pickup sync.

Ha! I really appreciate the offer. It’s been so long since I’ve attempted to sample in the OT that I’m going to need to sit down with it for an hour and try and figure it out again. Who knows … maybe it will all be clear now!

How about this one: You can start recording on any track just by hitting the rec 1 button (or track+rec1 if that’s how you have your preferences).

No need to even have the sequencer running. This is great for manually recording samples.

You can also use a foot pedal to trigger the rec-1 function. I use this to record guitar parts.

4 Likes

Still new to the OT as well but the things that I really have been enjoying are:

1. Chaining FX through the use of neighbor machines or a recording buffers.
  2. Using Parts like “mini saves”. Copy and past part 1 to part 2, part 2 is you new save and you never have to worry about losing your previous idea. You can then go to part 3, and to part 4, and if everything is good, copy over part 1. Good for resampling, and developing ideas. (This was very much inspired by merlin’s guide).
  3. Conditionals, sure I could use multiple pages and create a 64 step pattern. Or I could use conditionals to make it even more varied and exciting. :crazy_face:
  4. Plocks Plocks Plocks
  5. And, trigless trigs are nice for mixing purposes, like sending reverb to a snare in your break etc. Though I need to play around a bit more with them.
4 Likes

I’ve got another one. I found out today that double-tapping the “No” key actually arms all one-shot trigs. That’s the opposite of what I thought it did. EDIT: I meant double-tapping STOP.

Now I know why my recording buffers kept getting wiped! Thankfully, you can switch this off in settings.

4 Likes

You mean “one-shot trigs”, don’t you?

Yes! Edited to fix it. Thanks for catching that.

Double Stop you mean?

I don’t think double-stop arms the one-shot rec trigs. Tapping “No” neither. Tapping “Yes” does, unless de-activated in personalize IIRC. But double-tapping “no”, I was not aware of that either. Will try…

Double-stop arms one-shot trigs unless you explicitly disable it via DIS. STOP-STOP ARM in the personalize menu.

NO or FUNC+NO is for disarming the one-shot trigs.

@Mistercharlie: Are you really sure you meant Double-NO? Wouldn’t make much sense unless the 2nd NO is meant as UNDO of the 1st one, but the manual doesn’t mention anything like this …

2 Likes

Yes you’re correct, sorry I missed that one. The manual says that power-cycling the OT also re-arms the one shot triggers :smiley:

Actually it’s triple Stop when you’re playing the sequencer. :wink:

It’s the safest. In live conditions, it’s impressive. :smile:

The simpliest : press YES (Arm track in Grid Recording or Arm All, out of Grid Recording).

3 Likes

Yes! I"ll edit it again.

DISABLE YES/NO ARM will when checked disable the one shot trig arming and disarming when simply pressing [YES] or [NO]. Note that when this arm/disarm functionality is disabled, the same functionality can be achieved by pressing [FUNC] + [YES] or [FUNC] + [NO]. Read more about one shot trigs in section “12.4.5 ONE SHOT TRIGS” on page 66.

DIS. STOP-STOP ARM will when checked disable one shot trig arming when double pressing [STOP] while the sequencer is stopped.

I really did mean double-stop. Sorry about being unclear.

You can also hold “Yes” (Should work with Func+Yes, too I guess?) and arm all one shot trigs the sequencer plays.
It’s basically constantly re-arming one shot trigs.

In conjunction with conditional trigs you basically have two possible layers for pattern variation. Ofc it can get pretty deep with trig conditions. Add sample locks and/or sample chains for an additional layer.

Also “Finger drumming” the yes button can sometimes introduce interesting variations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

that´s true, but that feature didn´t even exist for the first couple of years I´ve had my OT ^^

Me too, but I wish they found it earlier! :wink:

Yep, hold Fn+Yes works too. Even with Fill : up+page+fn+yes! :smile:
Hold Yes works nicely on a Master track, to make a precise lock delay that stops at the end of the pattern for example.

3 Likes

I just wish I found the OT earlier, or rather decided to buy it earlier. That would have saved me from going through the hassle of buying and selling lots of gear (boss RC-50, SP-404, digitakt, mixer) as it combines so many functions in a single compact unit. Although it was fun learning and creating music with all those devices and I wouldn’t have taken the plunge to buy the OT without having had the DT first. Still, it’s nice to have so much versatility in one single device.

5 Likes