What are people doing with their Nord Drum 3P's?

I’ve been GASsing for one for a while - would be interested to see or hear anything interesting anyone is doing with theirs or anything they’ve come across in the wild.

If you want to fight the ND3 GAS for a little while longer (and have a sampler), there’s a huge free sample pack here by @Still. Has been immensely helpful for me with my Nord Drum GAS. I’ll probably end up with a ND2 (due to the size) someday tho.

3 Likes

First thing I would do is break off those pads. :smile:

3 Likes

I play two of them live with this sweet baby.

1 Like

Not sure why I’d want a 3P if I didn’t want pads to bash :sweat_smile:

So yea be interested to see what anyone is doing with theirs

Why? Nord Drum 3 & 3P - #169 by Calc

That’s why. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Definitely recommend playing the instrument. It is extremely satisfying to use. Kinda wish I still had mine.
If I did I’d buy a kick pedal and use an analog heat with an expression pedal on it. Bash around and get some sick filter sweeps or lfo rate variation. Would be too much fun :thinking:

4 Likes

Beautiful piece of equipment

1 Like

I have the Nord Drum 1, but I have nothing recorded ready atm. But I’ll do image

2 Likes

That’s totally what I would do if I had one. What they should have released.

Yeah no idea why they cancelled it and went for the P.

1 Like

Or at least given people the option! Terrible marketing on their part IMO.

i used 3p to record half the drums for this track

8 Likes

This is bonkers thanks for sharing!

1 Like

YouTube has started recommending me 3P videos - thought I’d share this as I thought it was pretty dope!

3 Likes

For now, I play little hand drumming jams, it’s really fun (but keep in mind I’m not a drummer lol), the sound is straight from the ND3P :

In the future, I’ll record the midi data from the ND3P in a DAW to tweak it and put it in my music. I’ve had the ND3P for a month now and it’s just a mind blowing piece of gear.

8 Likes

This is brilliant! :boom:

1 Like

Watched this demo this morning - put in an order for a 3P this afternoon :slight_smile:

(Also check out this dudes actual performance work he’s well under the radar! RGB - by Antonio Miyagi - YouTube)

3 Likes

Did you get it yet? Thoughts?

I took the cheapest route I could find which means I don’t get it until the end of July… having to be uncharastically patient :sweat_smile: