We're actually on a desert island for real now

Just purchased my first Elektron product … Digitone. Will use standalone on my desert island and it can drive my Moog Sirin. Sirin is new as well. I am traditionally been 100% in the box (Mac) on using Live, Logic and Maschine. I do have a Push 2 and Maschine MK3 but had to get away from computer and mouse. Now I can desert island any where in my place and really learn my Digitone. I am watching Cuckoo on YouTube.

9 Likes

That’s cool, welcome aboard :alien:

You can use the Digitone’s 4 MIDI Tracks (on the same Channel) to do variations (different Sequences) of the Sirin.

3 Likes

Montage + computer (Reason & Reaktor) is still the best setup I ever had in terms of sonic power, workflow and ergonomics. Sure, another elektron box would be pretty rad but I finally learned to stop changing things around.

Thats my plan once I get the hang of the Digitone way of things.

I’ve had the OT and MDUW2 tied together for a few weeks now and have been spending time with them primarily, using the MD for patterns and the OT for effects and Ram Machine fodder. My focus really has been to learn the MD, which has been a lot of fun.

3 Likes

I like the dictionary on Sarcasm you have there. :neutral_face: Actually rocking the same thing in a track I’m messing with. Sold the 0-Coast, but slicing up the hours of fun I recorded while I had it.

1 Like

My drum set. No question.
I’ve hesitated setting it up in the house due to space etc, but fuck it… if I’ve gotta be on this desert island I’m playing drums

2 Likes

Really trying to get familiar with the Access Virus into Ableton work flow.
Loving the TI interface for bass especially.

I have been busy with teaching my kids their schoolwork (respect to all teachers!) recently I bought a Cocoquantus and using it as a ‘looper’ in my liveset. Al my gigs are cancelled so I want to explore it some more now that I have some more time. Also bought a MD Mk1 (missed it so much) here on Nauts. So let’s connect them. I already made two totally different tracks. I will bring it out soonish.

4 Likes

What is Montage?

Yes Reason+Reaktor is super powerfu!

How do you use them together?

Yamaha Montage

To be honest, I’ve barely touched reaktor since i got it a few years back as I’m kinda lazy - but if the sound quality is as good as i remember, I’ll prolly end up using it to replace sounds for alot of the stuff done with reason’s synths.

Sound quality is amazing! It blows away Reason definitely- but together in Logic or Live it is a perfect combo

1 Like

Ever run reaktor inside reason? Directly passing in cv & gate seems like it could be a real winner compared to having to build extra sequencers & mod sources.

bought Sarcasm as a souvenir for my gf and never read it frankly. i think it’s time.
i know what you mean, i’ve got tons of recordings of 0coast noodling and none of them made it to a track yet. so with this setup it’s not even the point, i just want to learn OT better

1 Like

I’ve never seriously answered this question because I always figured you could have more than one item.

Now that I think of it, I would probably be happy with just a computer which had Ableton Live and Max/MSP. A controller would be nice but I could probably master the keyboard and mousepad as an instrument in a pinch. At least then I’d be able to keep making new instruments, fx, and tools to use. If I had an Arduino and a box of sensors washed up on shore I could make input devices from nature.

4 Likes

Just a friendly reminder about the thread

Yes even inside Reason -

This is the first piece of hardware I started with

And it’s still where I turn when I want to get shit done! It’s where my muscle memory shines the most and is still the most versatile and complete piece of hardware I own.

There are some minor constraints but it can do anything I need. I can literally make a full production to a mastered wav file on it.

As long as I can sample I’d be happy with just this(says the guy with many other pieces of gear who almost sold his MV for pennies but for the lack of demand)

12 Likes

I’m right there with you. you should try a Korg Polysix with some nice delays/reverbs after it. similar feelings.

1 Like