SOLVED - Weird pattern behavior

Thank you so much. So I did the test by rebooting with func. 0 errors. and every button works for example i hit clap it says clap -registered the hit. but when I press 1 (kick) the whole screen is yellow and when I hit 2 the screen is empty. these 2 buttons dont show what I pressed. So far I noticed only this

the yellow screen checks for dead pixels, the black screen checks for pixels stuck on. it’s just a functionality test for the OLED to make it easier to tell if there’s an issue with the screen.

Take a look at the source page and confirm the sample number is the same between the 2 patterns, just to make sure it didn’t get switched. That would be the easiest explanation.

1 Like

you probably aren’t holding the paste long enough - follow the on screen progress bar

2 Likes

I installed the OS again it did not help. So to answer your question about switching patterns and sample pool - I can set for example kick to 4 patterns and then I just switch patterns - with PTN (silent change of pattern) and the sounds change back to 1, 2, 3 ,4. just pressing PTN to change pattern should not change the sound

Neither tbh, sounds more like user error or familiarisation

Nope that does not work

Did it ever work in the past for you, either of these problems? Is this only an issue since the new OS?

then you probably aren’t using the appropriate copy method for a pattern on the DT

I haven’t tried, but i assume it’s

[Pattern]{hold) then press the trig for the pattern you wish to copy, hold that and press copy

now without releasing Pattern select the trig for the destination and press (and hold) paste

I just bought the digi from somebody. I had digi before so noticed the weird behavior right away. Did the format of drive so no new samples on board - still the same behavior

And on the source page you can confirm that in each of those four patterns, the sample number shown in the right upper corner of the screen in the samp box stays the same?

also best to try the search - or read the manual to get instructions for basic tasks you will rely on

yes, the sounds are there until I silently switch patterns with PTN - then it shifts to what was before. Totally weird

So, just to confirm: from a stop with no pattern playing on the transport, if you go from pattern 1 to pattern 3 by holding pattern and pressing trig 3, the sample number of your kick which you set on pattern 3, changes in the sample box of the source page to a different sample number? What sound is it changing to?

Is it a different sound you’ve added to the sample pool, or is it a random sound? when you turn the D encoder, is it a sample you added to that list?

Guys I figured it out. I confused TRK with PTN ! So I tried copying the track using PTN and ofcourse the other pattern had again stock sounds.

:slight_smile: so stupid of me. Thank you for fast support! Should I delete this topic?

3 Likes

Lesson learned. Can’t delete a topic with replies. Glad it worked out. Enjoy your DT.

2 Likes

Thank you again, you da best

At least change the title to say “SOLVED - Weird pattern behavior”

that will make it easier on the mods! cheers

2 Likes

I am also relieved it got solved easily, coz it was my former machine that I now traded for an Octatrack!

I made sure everything was working before shipping, but ofc didn’t test ALL of the functions and combos :sweat_smile:

Have fun jamming! :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one. I confuse those two buttons all the time and I wish Elektron would fix it so they would light up different colours.

1 Like

By the way I wanted to recommend NeonBlackCat - amazing seller, great contact <3

1 Like