Weird issue with ARII pads

Hi elektronauts.

Recently I’ve been having this weird issue with my Analog Rytm Mk2. When I’m in the mute selection mode and unmute OH for example, my Kick gets muted for some reason. It hasn’t had any fall damage or anything like that, it was just sitting there the whole time and started happening one day out of nowhere. Anyone ever have a similar issue? I’m using 1.50A on my machine right now and I’ll be installing the latest now and will keep an update, in the meanwhile I wanted to write it here and ask around if I’m the only one (oh lord I hope its not a hardware failure)

Thank you!

I’m now reporting to say that the latest version I found was still the 1.50A which I re-installed which unfortunately did not fix the issue. I’ve currently opened a ticket and am very nervous. :frowning:

Do you have any MIDI or USB connections to other gear? If so, temporarily disconnect them and see whether the problem persists.

Theres a thread somewhere in this forum that lists pad issues with ARmk2. I had one. Was totally weird, would mute and unmute itself. There were a few other bugs as well. I took video footage and sent it too elektron. Turned out to be a hardware issue. I returned it and exchanged for a Roland. But thats another story for another time.

weird for this to happen out of the blue. there is a fair bit of documentation about faulty pads on the mk2 models. I just sent mine in for repairs; was without it for a few weeks and now it is working beautifully

1 Like

Your Rytm is unfortunately broken. Send for repair. You are not the first one with this.

1 Like

I do not have the same problem but when I use my ar2 with ableton sometimes the mutes do not trigger when I press the pads

1 Like

There was a thread about this once. There seems to be a problem with a plastic like foil behind the pads… As far as I remember. Open up a ticket and things get sorted then…

1 Like

My ARmk2 is in sweden right now, because of that exact same issue.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the responses. Very sad day for me I guess. :frowning: I did open up a ticket and I’m waiting on a response. How long did it take for Elektron to take care of this for you guys? I’m in the US unfortunately and the Corona situation will probably prolong the repair I’m afraid.

Once again thanks for all the replies, you guys are awesome.

If required, Elektron has a workshop in California. Support will tell you what the lead time is, if necessary.

3 Likes

That sucks :frowning: At least you got it in three weeks thought. Thanks for that, that is helpful.

When did you buy it?