Weird Conditional Muting (?)

Hey y’all, first time poster here.
I’m trying to figure out a way to mute trigs of a specific track on the last page of a 64 step pattern only for the last bar of a pattern that has already played 4 times/etc.
(Hope that makes sense :sweat: )
Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
To be honest I’m not quite versed on how to effectively use the nei/pre conditions, so if those can be used to achieve what I’m talking about let me know!

So only mute trigs on bar 16?

So set the condition of the trigs on bar 4 to “Not Pre” and then set a trig on bar 3, beat 16 to 4:4 and if you don’t want it to make noise parameter lock its volume down.

1 Like

Ha, I was just typing something like this, but then got carried away trying to figure out how to show “P͞R͞E̅” using Unicode characters :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you both! :raised_hands:

I thought the OP was about muting only after the 4th repetition of a pattern. But this way bar 4 of repetition 1-3 gets also muted, isn’t it?

The 4:4 makes bar 3, beat 16 true only on the fourth time it is played (which is beat 240), and the “not pre”s on the fourth bar are only not true if that bar 3, beat 16 trig is true (beats 241-256).

I may have missed something, but I’m mostly sure this is correct.

You can also just use a trigless lock with the 4:4 condition, saves having to p-lock the volume :slight_smile:

1 Like

When it’s about to mute bar 4 only once after repetition 4, you are of course right. I thought he wanted to mute bar 4 on every repetition after the 4th one (beats 241 to infinite), because of his use of the word “etc.”.

Oh yeah… derp. Forgot about ye old trigless trigs. :slight_smile:

Ah, you may be right… I assumed he meant bar 16 only and then start the whole thing over.