We need the Syntakt's Scale mode in Digitakt

Hi fellow elektronauts,

As all of you, I am pretty excited about the new elektrons piece of gear, the lovely Syntakt. Probably you are as hyped as me, but I can’t afford it, so viewing a few reviews in youtube I saw the chromatic mode has also Scale mode :scream: :scream: :scream:

I think that would be a game changer for the digitakt too.

Should we try to move this thread and make us heard? I’m sure are already working on it or know about this, but I think the more people wanting that the better.

Do you want the scale mode on your digitakt/other elektron’s devices?

Vote, and comment to send feedback to the top!

13 Likes

In the case that someone needs this feature now, there is a work around.
Midi loopback allows you to assign your midi tracks to all control the same audio track that you would like to play in a certain scale. Change what note the trig key will play on the note page for each midi track.
This is fun because you can access all of the other audio tracks and have an octave keyboard for one of the tracks. Downsides are setting it up, changing octaves and not having access to midi tracks for other things.
If you are in a mood you could also set this up polyphonically, using all 8 audio tracks and all 8 midi tracks. This allows for 2 octaves in the scale of your choosing.
I love setting up polyphonic kits like this. It allows you to set up filter tracking or lfo fm tracking for each note too, if you are patient enough.
Ok, sorry to sidetrack!

2 Likes

That’s not how it works, otherwise there’d be hundreds of these topics all self-defeating each other - if you want a request heard, either email directly the appropriate address or use the Feature Request topic

This post should be here, and would be if the system would move the posts reliably

8 Likes

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

I already used that topic, but I felt like it was one reply more between thousands. I can gather a change.org or something like this and send them and email? ahahah Or maybe link my comment on that thread.

Idk, we’ll see. Thanks again mate!

I’ve noticed that a lot samplers don’t have a scale mode, like the new Circuits - they put scale mode in the Tracks but not the Rhythm. Always thought that was odd. Now it’s the same with Elektron and the Syntakt/Digitakt.

1 Like

This still requires you to manually set the notes though.
And you can only set one base note per midi track.
So you’d need to use 8 midi tracks to play a scale of 8 notes on ALL of the tracks.

It’s not a case of selecting Minor Pentatonic or Aeolian for example.

Definitely! Good point about changing scales.

It’s true but there are 8 midi tracks so I think its not that strange right?

Yes indeed! Those scale modes would come in very handy on the Digitakt.
But what I really would love to have available on both Digitakt and Digitone is the KB FOLD mode, which gives you acces to the 2 octaves keyboard!
Let’s wait and hope!

3 Likes

yeah, the scale mode would allow to do this! :smiley:

1 Like

Would absolutely love to see the Digitakt gain this feature

The scale mode would only allow one octave with the keys blacked out that are out of scale. Scale fold removes the unused notes and compresses them to be able to use two octaves.

Yeah but in syntakt it works folded I think I saw it in loopop video

I came here to search for this topic and +1 :slight_smile:

Is there some precedent for older elektron boxes to get firmware updates when new but backwards compatible OS features are released on other devices?

1 Like

Yeah we need this. +1

1 Like

+1 : Would be a game changer for playing melodies on running sequences.

I got in touch with Elektron a few days ago and asked them about it. They kindly replied that as much as possible, they tend to harmonize functionality across sibling products. It’s a possibility.

Last update was 14 months ago. Maybe there’s the next one around the corner…

5 Likes

yep, would be epic :crossed_fingers: :fire:

i know its not the same, but if you havent tried the launchpad as a midi “keyboard”, its worth a shot. all of the scale modes work the same way and make melodic patterns extremely easy

of course its much more convenient to have it on the actual devie, if you’re ok with sequencing that way

Scale mode for digitakt. I can feel it. It’s coming :crystal_ball:

1 Like

Boom! We got it and it rips!

3 Likes