We NEED Backup

So you have to manage sys files and your sample hierarchy separately, if I understand well.

1 Like

Backing up samples is one thing, backing up projects is another. It would be great if backing up dealt with both in one go that way if you wipe the +drive you can reinstall your work in one go rather than having to know which samples went with which projects. The way I use it I cant imagine needing one without the other so having to back up patterns and sample seperately is a buzz kill.

3 Likes

Yeah. Being able to take a ‘snapshot’ of an entire project inc. samples and projects seems like the dream… and surely not that technically difficult? Wouldn’t it just be copying a big folder across to a different drive? (I am not a programmer, that may be obvious)

Before I bought an Elektron I thought that was how everyone did it

It is not the perfect solution, but calling it a buzz killer is a bit exeggarated imo.
At leasr you can back up now :wink:

This is true but I have not felt like doing so though as the process is disjointed, I need it to be quick and easy to use as I wanted to backup everything frequently to be able to have more freedom sampling. As it is I have continued to sample sparingly as I was before the update came along and will do so untill the +drive is full before attempting backing up.