We made a drum machine tutorial featuring the Digitakt and stop motion

Hi fellow Elektronauts,

I wanted to share with you a video I’ve been working on with a friend for the past two months in our spare time. The Digitakt was my very first drum machine, so naturally it got a starring role :slight_smile:

I know that the first episode of the series probably doesn’t contain anything new for any of you, but I know that there’s some shared love for drum machines here and I hope it’s still somewhat entertaining for you (or you could send it so someone you want to recruit for your electronic music project :joy:).

Hope you like it! I’d appreciate any feedback and also requests for what to cover in future episodes.

9 Likes
28 Likes

I didnt know I needed a drum machine tutorial with videography by wes Anderson but apparently I very much did.

5 Likes

Very nice : pedagogical exactly as i like to do, funny, well thought !, and very great ideas with few gears :wink: great animation as well bunny metronome and sequencer to appears was top moments
Very great guys :heartpulse:

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

You don’t know how much that means to us… Wes Anderson is definitely one of our biggest influences :hearts:

2 Likes

I’m gonna sneak this into my nephews YouTube playlist. Give this to PBS. What excellent work!

1 Like

Hes my favorite director lol.

1 Like

That was great! Really slick and fun. Animation was a big hit with my wife who never watches music tech vids - watched it all with me. You deserve to find a whole different audience of people new to this stuff :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words everyone :grinning: We’re really motivated for the next videos!

1 Like

@GirTheRobot do you already know the Wes Anderson SNL spoof? It’s so good :laughing:

2 Likes

Brilliant :joy: love your video too!

1 Like

It took quite some blood, sweat and tears but here’s the next episode of Drum Machine 101!

5 Likes