Was this behaviour always there?

Latest OS & when you have sequencer running in live record and you hold down FUNC & NO it should delete trigless locks right? But it just clears their p-locks and leaves them there. Messy. Manual says it will delete trigs

I swear I used to use this to clear unsatisfactory live tweaks (won’t call it motion record because it all gets stepped but anyway) cleaning out all the green lights and leaving just the red trigs…

I don’t think I succeeded to delete the trigless locks this way one day. Started from 1.25C.
No more plocks, but trigless locks still there, from what I remember.

1 Like

Hmmm that far back?

I think that what remains are, strictly speaking, the other green trigs - trigless trigs? Anyway the brightness is different after the FUNCNO pass…

I just can tell that lasting trigless locks annoyed me since one year minimum, but usually I plock instead of using live rec.

1 Like

:thinking: From what I just checked, when you turn the knobs while in live rec, you record plocks on trigs (red) and trigless trigs (green), and trigless locks (half-bright green) where there are no trigs.

Trigs don’t change their color with FN+NO in live rec mode.
1.30B

Not colour, just not flashing anymore… Anyway sounds like you remember a time when you could just clear them out too.

Plus they take 2 presses each to manually delete

What is flashing before FN+NO ?
Didn’t how to express properly in english but no I don’t remember being able to clear them out…

Any step with a plock is flashing. When you FUNC+NO in live record the plocks get cleared as the sequencer passes over those steps. Then the flashing is gone.

The behaviour I don’t like is this:

When you live record and you turn PITCH for example, it records those tweaks on the steps (as near as possible given it’s a step sequencer). Any steps that had a regular trig are now flashing red. Any previously empty steps are now flashing green (trigless locks). All fine.

But, when you don’t like the result (or part of the result) you go ahead and use FUNC+NO to remove plocks, except it leaves behind all the redundant green steps, just not flashing, and not doing anything (unless they trig envelopes and LFO, but I dont think so). It’s like this messy green litter on my pattern! Makes it confusing to break down what’s happening when you return to a project. Requires a manual clean up, double tapping each one to turn of the meaningless (?) lights.

Pretty sure the manual uses the phrases ‘deletes trigs’ in regard to FUNC+NO and live record. Can’t reference page now…

Mine never flashed with plocks ! 1.30.B, MKI. :sketchy:

@Clancy Edit : my bad, didn’t noticed it before ! :smile:
I’d like this behavior for TRC.

MKI, p 65

To remove only parameter locks in real time, press and hold [FUNCTION] + [EXIT/NO]. All trigs hit by the running LED of the sequencer will be erased from the active track. Sample locks will however not be erased.

Remove sample locks in real time by pressing [EXIT/NO] while pressing the LEVEL knob.

Remove specific parameter locks in real time by pressing [EXIT/NO] while pressing the DATA ENTRY knob corresponding to the parameter that should be removed.

To erase trigs in real time, press and hold [EXIT/NO] + the [TRACK] key of the track you wish to erase trigs from. All trigs hit by the running LED of the sequencer will be erased from the active track. The trigs of more than one track can be removed by pressing several [TRACK] keys simultaneously.

1 Like

Trigless locks do not trig machines, LFOs or FX envelopes.

But they’re not trigless locks by then!

Manual definition. Make sense to me, Trigless Locks don’t trig, but can contain plocks.

1 Like

So the bold bit is the error. Because no trigs get erased.

1 Like

Title changed. No bug, just a behaviour I don’t like :okej:

Plus some strange wording in the manual :nerd:

Thanks for the input @sezare56 !

1 Like

This is confusing indeed :

To remove only parameter locks in real time, press and hold [FUNCTION] + [EXIT/NO]. All trigs hit by the running LED of the sequencer will be erased from the active track. Sample locks will however not be erased.

2 Likes

And thanks for the info ! I guess I read it a few years ago ! Not sure it will change my life. :slight_smile:
Sample locks trigs are flashing too.

1 Like

fascinating so that is a way to clean up the pattern after doing a realtime dial tweaking recording pass.

any trig that had a Trig Lock on it will not be erased, but any Trigless P-Lock (flashing green) will be erased by holding Function and No.

[Function and No to be held while the recording mode is playing i guess].

Except it’s wrong. No trig is actually erased

‘Clean up’ is what I want, but alas no

just tried it then - it kind of works; erases the p-locks from all Trigless Locks and Trigs. even if those parameter locks were placed on there in Grid step record mode.

but then the green lights are still there, they just aren’t flashing any more and nor do they have any parameter locks associated with them - so essentially they aren’t doing anything.

it isn’t immediately obvious to me how i would use this, although i don’t do a lot of realtime parameter dial tweak recording passes.

1 Like