Wanting to set scene volume after filter fx

So I use the filter fx all the time on thru tracks and I really like the distortion it has. I wanted to be able to use it with scenes, so I turn the volume on the amp page down and the filter distortion up, so be the volume on the amp page becomes the distortion amount basically. But then the distorted version is considerably higher in perceived volume, so I am wanting to then use a scene to adjust the volume after the filter as well, so I can turn the distortion up and turn the output volume down as the distortion goes up so the volume is more consistent. But I am having trouble finding a way to control the volume using scenes after FX. The overall track level can only be set to max or min. Neighbor tracks amp page doesn’t do anything. Short of using the cue output and going back in I am having a hard time figuring out how to use scenes to control volume after FX are applied. This would be useful in lots of situations, like the reverb noticably reduces volume. Maybe using the makeup gain in the compressor or something. I dunno what do y’all think?

I don’t have my OT in front of me so I can’t throughly investigate.
I feel like turning down the input gain on the thru track would work.

If you just had to have it post effect, using the eq months work. I think it has a gain parameter.

Yeah, so basically I need to be able to use a scene to set volume before and after an FX block. I can use the compressor in a slightly hacky way using the makeup gain as a rough volume control, but this definitely eats into the headroom. Looking at the EQ it has gain parameters but they affect each band and don’t really work as just a volume reduction.

It looks like I can use a delay volume control with super low delay time and no feedback and no direct monitoring.

I’d use the compressor gain.

1 Like

Me too.
With track level set low, compressor gain has easily enough range to compensate.
Plus you can choose to have compression or not… or LFO the envelopes, or Plock the threshold, or any other amazing things the OT can do.

1 Like

Yes, I think compressor can be neutral to compensate VOL thru Filter DIST level, but it can be usefull for its dynamic possibilities. Btw you can set Filter Dist to max. Distortion depends on incoming level, and you can have a clean sound even with Dist set to max (low VOL).

There is also LOFI Distortion, that distorts from a threshold level (probably same as Monomachine). I’d try this too, knowing that LOFI fx affects the sound even with neutral settings.