Waldorf STVC— Streichfett Keyboard + Vocoder

Well Python you’re ahead of me with the information, i haven’t seen any ‘postponements’, it’s just been crickets far as i can tell.

Odd that Waldorf still has the STVC on their hardware product page, and retailers in the US still let you pre-order it, but Waldorf has never put up a manual or any mention of when, that i’ve ever seen. I think there was some non-official question about changes and improvements (like in an interview with Rolf), in particular to add the storing/loading of freezes – which would be an excellent feature were it ever to occur.

Waldorf has their own schedule with things, for instance the Quantum took it’s time coming. This can be a good thing, if it means that what they release is better for the wait.

Just yesterday Waldorf posted a review of the stvc on Facebook, so I hope this thing is close to being released. Here is the link they posted:

1 Like

The STVC is finally out and here some demo’s. I really like this machine so far.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on this NoiseLab – i see there’s a manual out now on this too.

“We will ship no wine before it’s time.” – From an old USA TV commercial.

EDIT: Fixed odd behavior of link.

1 Like

Here a good and deep review of the Waldorf STVC. Very nice to see the way the input is used on a drum machine and an guitar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEdoxQgLHtc

2 Likes

What a shame, I’d buy that without hesitation if it did what it appears to. That appears to be exactly the sort of no-nonsense box that would make making music a pleasure. I’d probably end-up with at least four of the things!

Cannot tell you how badly, and for how long, I’ve wanted to see a product with knobs on, one I can just put my samples in, and for it to have a simple filter, envelope, the ability to blend between two selected samples and for no pointless BS to get in the way. The fact this thing even does tape wow and flutter as well, damn, it is absolutely perfect!

I really wish they would release that, man, what an absolute bummer it’s fake!!!

1 Like

I know, i Wish too that this would be real. :disappointed_relieved:
Though this seems more of a Copy of the Mellotron. I guess they thought about this, but concentrated than rather on the Quantum/Iridium. Don’t forget, Waldorf is a very small company.

1 Like

Always great fun when Doctor Mix is doing his thing :))) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfi45Oy5l1w

1 Like