Waldorf Quantum

What’s about import taxes? The other way around (from US to Europe) you can add around 20% import taxes to the US price.

2 Likes

Other Waldorf synths like Blofeld, Streichfett and Pulse 2 are 30-50% cheaper on Juno UK than they are in the US. Other brands too.

1 Like

On import tax – Sorry to get all nitty-gritty on this.

Well technically there is a state sales tax (state meaning the 50 states, so i live in Michigan there’s a 6% tax that goes to Michigan, it would be different in Ohio.) The supreme court just forced most sellers in the US to collect this tax for sales made inside the US. It was honor system before that, and states had no knowledge of what you purchased online and got delivered, and most people cheated on the tax. But i think the same does not apply to stuff bought outside of the US, so it’s honor system again.

I bought a RYTM and an AK (ADDED: and much more recently a Digitakt :heart_eyes:)from Elektron Sweden and there was no import tax. I don’t think there would be one on the Quantum either, even in the age of Trump. But there would be a sales tax (technically, i’d have to tell my state how much i owed them), but it would be charged on the (lower) price – so even paying that i’d save on that too.

You’re right Donovan – A Blofeld Keyboard is $1000 in the US, and $665 from Thomann as for instance. Sounds to me like a “Korg Tax”.

I could see it being some sort of currency fluctuation, if it only happened for a short period of time, but something else is happening here since this is a static difference.

Someone could make a business of this, but …

1 Like

For me, the Quantum is the Number #1 ambient/soundscape synth <3
Hope you’ll like this one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Maybe korg can’t avoid US import taxes?

1 Like

I may have just accidentley hit buy on one of these, it’s coming on the 25th April, going to have to smuggle this bad boy into the shed or I’m dead!!! :skull_and_crossbones:

5 Likes

You can hide it into my shed “temporarily” to avoid such accidents.

That would be very helpful of you :smile:

I sweeten the offer with this chocolate delight! Do not mind a minor rat poison scent - it’s typical for our local dishes! You can then pick the Quantum next week! :grimacing:

1 Like

Very limited edition Quantum Shadow (only 30 to be made) for the Waldorf 30 year celebration.

Priced about 25% above normal.

(I’m thinking of the black Sledge a little.)

3 Likes

I am really wanting to get one of these. I can afford it but the price is just so much. I am thinking I am going to sell my GR-1 to help pay for it and just cover the rest with my bank account. Taxes are also coming up.

1 Like

Love the self convo at 1:11
Q: “Why?”
A: “Because it is interesting. Because we can do it” :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Pull the trigger
Quantum will make the GR-1 look like a tonka toy

1 Like

I just looked – Thomann has the price all the way down to $3,456 plus $33 for delivery to the USA! That’s almost a $1000 dollars less than it is here.

This has me tempted, plus there’s something mystical about that price. Superstition is a good reason to buy something right?

1 Like

Quantum owners:

How strong do you feel the Quantum is for vintage monosynth duties?

They state first off that is a guideline price and it looks more like 3600 to me. Also that is for a B stock unit so I don’t know how important that is for you. I can tell you that I called sweetwater and they were able to knock the price down on a brand new unit for me. It was worth every penny.

1 Like

Just got one. Pretty amazing right off the bat. Modulation assignment done right.

Not mine but a very nice example of possibilities on the Quantum.

Quantum OS 2.0 !

So this is a major release with lots of new stuff and major improvements. From the article above:

Waldorf describes the Kernel oscillators as a sort of “oscillator construction kit, allowing for traditional approaches like a six-operator FM synth, as well as providing an experimental space for future-facing synthesis techniques.”

Six operator FM ! So the grumble up post on no FM is over. And there is a lot more possible besides with the Kernel Operators. And they’ve added a parameter-only Sequencer mode with up to eight parameter tracks. Wavetable enhancements and new wavetable user interface. Improvements to Particle (the granular synth) sound good too.

Would love to hear reactions from those that own this machine.

3 Likes