Kyra from Waldorf

Nice dancin’ for sure :joy:

so far I did not hear anything special

Good for me, I’m after a bread-and-butter workhorse synth. I’ll let the bizarre and unusual to my euro modules.

1 Like

I love this…if my virus snow ti dies…i now have a back up plan…replace it with this…cant wait to hear more

8 mono or 4 stereo individual outputs, your choice. That’s nice.

The sound of this synth, although it has not been through sound design yet, is still complex and rich.

Also stupid observation that has little to do with the synth; aside from its flatness and larger control area. I like the way they mounted it in the video, float somewhere above the keyboard in a perfect place for easy access.

1 Like

“most”

Who is this guy?!? I want the nice guy who developed the synth back! i still look forward to this a lot! A few thousand wavetables by default and the possibility to load user wavetables is a fantastic choice. Do we know how many envelopes it has? Four would be a minimum and I also hope that they expand the mod matrix.

Original specs were 3 envelopes, not sure if that has changed.

(at 3:00: https://youtu.be/Cc6MRMaB0XM?t=180)

I’m not convinced about it’s sound. But also they should have hired someone who knows a bit of sound design to demo it :grin:

“I want the nice guy who developed the synth back!”

I agree - I liked the idea that he developed this in his spare time (plus an editor!). Even though he is not that fast talking person with a constant smile, and uttering a stream of adjectives praising the machine, I am tempted to buy something where I know that a passionate developer is behind it, someone who really cared about every detail of it. For me, his story was a NAMM highlight last year.

3 Likes

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/manuelcaballero

"Now working on the future Eurosport 2.0 roadmap for Tokyo 2020 "

I guess he’s probably very busy !

Some sounds

3 Likes

Much better thanks. I’m this close to ordering a Peak though and probably Peak will still sound better…

2 Likes

The demos, so far, are not really showing off nicely designed presets. For this to be a Virus competitor/successor, it would be important to have excellent presets available. I must admit that I use the Virus as a preset machine, for sounds I cannot do with only few voices, on an analog machine (eg pads of sci fi films :). I am not tempted to learn the sound design on such machines (simply too complicated for my abilities). So, for this to be attractive, for me, I need the choice of pre-fabricated sounds. I then like to add to those, things that I can do myself.

1 Like

I personally think Peak has a certain je ne sais quoi, and I would own one in a heartbeat, but I’m specifically looking for a hardware synth with MPE support. I was hoping the Kyra might be the one; but I recently got a look at the back panel, and sadly there’s no USB host port, and no mention of MPE thus far either, so… Looks as though I’m damned to keep the iPad in my live rig for another year unfortunately (sigh).

Cheers!

This Spanish guy shows us the filter seven minutes into the video and then makes a nice arp:

4 Likes

i definitely want one. when second hand units price drops to something around $1000

1 Like

Just like the Blofeld, factory banks will be shitty and talented sound designers will provide additional banks .

1 Like

nice arp indeed !

Remagen is like 20km from here… :wink:

but unlike Blofeld, it has multiple audio outputs and properly done MIDI ports.

2 Likes

And much more poly !