Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

Thanks for the clarification.

Meow :heart_eyes_cat:!

Waldorf infinity for me!
Wish it had more outputs but this could be my first purchase when I come out of my no new gear holding pattern down the road.

3 Likes

Around 2000 Kiwiana

1 Like

I fixed it for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am in on this, and will start saving my pennies forthwith! With the 2.0 update I got really excited but I have no room (or talent) for more keyboards, plus the price made it unattractive, but now! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I am pretty confident of that based on the hardware capabilities that are available; and will be available in the near future :wink:

2 Likes

I will be sharing with everyone in Quantum format–these are converted using translator tools directly from the original binary images, you retain the character and mana of the sample.

1: Complete CMI Series 1-IIX 8 bit library including famous users (Preview pack posted)
2: Complete CMI Series III 16 bit library
3: Complete EMU Emulator II 8 bit library

in meantime enjoy some CMI Series III and EII sounds you all will be getting

4 Likes

a wise move from Waldorf

1 Like

I am bothered by the layout though.

Would’ve prefer the screen / pads both on one side.

Think I’ll sell my OB6 for this. I’ve been getting bored and frustrated with its limitations lately. I was considering a Hydrasynth but this looks so much more my cup of tea. A sound design playground. Wow!

1 Like

Pretty excited about the Iridium! Could not justify the Quantum but this looks brilliant.

Interesting that it can load DX7 sysex… maybe that means this site is useful:

https://www.thisdx7cartdoesnotexist.com/

Randomly generated DX7 cartridges… also works with Dexed and other software synths capable of loading them.

4 Likes

Works with Quantum just fine

1 Like

Just sold my blofeld. I’d like something to replace it but 2000 sheets. Wow. Not sure
if they’re going to sell ‘truckloads’ at that price. Definitely niche nerd land

3 Likes

Those knobs on the right look really tightly clustered. One for the slender-fingered I guess.

The announcement of the Iridium has led to a bit of calm in my mind.

Even though i’d planned to be primarily Sampler based, i still obsess over lots of synth. Some affordable, some completely out of reach, Including the Quantum, and some, probably most that i’d dislike anyway.

But as @d2ba mentioned, the Iridum/Quantum technology seems so far beyond other synths at present & its made me understand what i’d like from a synth. In reality it would take me at the very least a year to be able to buy this. More like 2. And that’s absolutely fine, because it means i won’t be umming and ahhing over every other synth. The desire for all others has pretty much vanished.

& so the saving begins.

5 Likes

I was waiting for Wavestate module/ desktop and about to get Tasty Chips GR-1. Did changed my plan after seeing this upcoming unit yesterday.

This looks exciting!

Officially announced tomorrow at 2pm (German time) according Rolf from Waldorf via Gearslutz thread …

2 Likes

Wow!
The analog filters of the Quantum don´t sound very good and they make not much sense in the digital synth engine. They also limit the polyphony and make the instrument more expensive. I am glad they dropped them on this one!

1 Like

The knobs do look really close together. :thinking: