VST EQ, comparable to Ableton's EQ8?

I really like EQ8’s sound, but when trying to reproduce the same thing on Cubase, I never seem to quite get there.

Cubase’s own EQ is only 4 bands and there’s no real heavy top/bottom cut. I’ve tried stacking 2 EQs, to replicate some EQ8 settings, but never really managed to get the sound I like.

Over the years, I’ve picked up Sonnox EQ and Eventide’s channel strip (freebie), but haven’t managed to get a similar sound out of those.

Does anyone know if a similar EQ is available in VST effect format?

I’d recommend fabfilters eq

7 Likes

It has a few more features, but on the Eq side, checkout TrackPlug
https://wavearts.com/products/plugins/trackplug/

1 Like

I can also recommend fabfilters EQ. It sounds great and is also visually very easy and intuitive to use.

3 Likes

i use lives EQ 90% of the time. i like fabfilters take as well. the gui is dope af but i honestly can’t hear a better result using it. maybe there is some “better” algorithm involved, but my palette isn’t as sophisticated as some i guess.

1 Like

Izotope Neuron looks great.

2 Likes

Yeah eq8 is great, does the job, always with oversampling engaged.
Fabfilter proQ2 is the other I use mainly

2 Likes

Another +1 for Fabfilter.

1 Like

I love the fabfilter Pro Q 2 as well. You can’t go wrong with that one since it has a great sound and it’s really easy to use!

1 Like

DMG audio is an alternative…

1 Like

I took advantage of the recent sale at Fabfilter to grab Q2.

Turns out, I get a grace period update to the new Q3!

:grinning:

1 Like

Good vid from Dan Worrall of TDLabs

3 Likes

I can highly recommend MeldaProduction’s MAutoDynamicEQ. It is extremely feature rich and having the dynamic option along with normal EQ is very helpful. Other than that I’d go for Pro-Q3 which has dynamic EQing too now.